Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
6901 - 6920 of 6963 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
No I think they give keys now. There’s just an excess if you lose them.

As much as I miss the days of paying £600/month to be randomly locked out of my car on any given Saturday, this is a step forward.

It was also useful when I binned it, as I could just say “yeah the car unlocking is controlled by Onto, good luck with it” when the recovery guy finally turned up and called me - and I’d already been sat comfortably at home watching telly for 4 hours, while Onto’s Tesla languished in a street 3 miles away with bits hanging off it.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 Iconic
124 Posts
Do all of onto’s cars still not come with keys leaving you reliant on the app? Biggest thing that puts me off tbh.
I started my subscription at the end of April and mine already came with a key (which was quite lucky considering they initially associated the wrong car with my account )

Reactions: Kiltox

·
Registered
312 Posts
I started my subscription at the end of April and mine already came with a key (which was quite lucky considering they initially associated the wrong car with my account )
Thanks, good to know. I’m about to sell my MG ZS to free up some cash for a house purchase and was thinking about replacing it with a Zoe from Onto in a few months time once things settle down

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks, good to know. I’m about to sell my MG ZS to free up some cash for a house purchase and was thinking about replacing it with a Zoe from Onto in a few months time once things settle down
I can definitely recommend it, at least as a temporary solution… fully satisfied by the car, only had minor niggles with the app and with the BP Pulse card - tbh I’m perfectly happy using neither

Reactions: Kiltox

·
Registered
Jaguar i-Pace 21MY
1,778 Posts
Do all of onto’s cars still not come with keys leaving you reliant on the app?
All ONTO cars are delivered with a key and that has been the case since the beginning of April 2021.
You can use the app or the key.

Also come with 3 charge cards which provide a huge range of charging options.
Shell, BP Pulse and Instavolt.

·
Registered
312 Posts
All ONTO cars are delivered with a key and that has been the case since the beginning of April 2021.
You can use the app or the key.
Excellent stuff, that was the only thing that put me off them. Apart from the cost, obviously, but man maths can take care of that.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,507 Posts
Do all of onto’s cars still not come with keys leaving you reliant on the app? Biggest thing that puts me off tbh.
No - they provide one key now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Excellent stuff, that was the only thing that put me off them. Apart from the cost, obviously, but man maths can take care of that.
And referral codes can help too

(Wish I had found SpeakEV before starting my subscription…)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Apparently there was a fire last week near the Lemington Spa site, so Operations can not do anything to help me. They essentially delivered a faulty car and it was known faulty as one of the phone operators told me it was reported before with a faulty keycard.

I'm currently sat with an Onto Tesla on my driveway that does not start. No new keycard sent and even giving temporary Tesla app access does not work consistently (I think as the Onto app's API key use interferes; something obviously the phone operator did not understand and just passed it on to Operations - who can't get into their office!).

Quite ridiculous and I have been very patient : they were meant to deliver an Audi the week prior but that broke down on the way to me. I was absolutely fine about it for them to get me what they can over the next 7 days. Car arrived filthy and it's a dog (errors everywhere, tyre pressures were low, tracking is out - very poorly looked after)

Just cannot recommend Onto to my friends - no one else would be as patient and persistance with a company that just does not get know how to resolve things when things go wrong (and sure it's ok when things go wrong).

Reactions: E7EV and TJEV

·
Registered
Jaguar i-Pace 21MY
1,778 Posts
Car arrived filthy and it's a dog (errors everywhere
Thats pretty unusual for ONTO, or rather the 3rd party that does the logistics for delivery/collections GEFCO and its sub contractors.
Cars are usually spotless in and out and dont get delivered if they are not up to scratch.
Which model of Tesla M3 did you get? Assume this is a fairly old plate too as they havent had any new deliveries from Tesla for probably a year to 18 months now.
Do you know who did the delivery and which site did it come from?
Sounds like its a loan/stand in car, but it still should be in top notch working order/condition.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Thats pretty unusual for ONTO, or rather the 3rd party that does the logistics for delivery/collections GEFCO and its sub contractors.
Cars are usually spotless in and out and dont get delivered if they are not up to scratch.
Which model of Tesla M3 did you get? Assume this is a fairly old plate too as they havent had any new deliveries from Tesla for probably a year to 18 months now.
Do you know who did the delivery and which site did it come from?
Sounds like its a loan/stand in car, but it still should be in top notch working order/condition.
SR+
19th plate, 27k miles on the clock - so yes, an early one.
Delivered down from Doncaster, and I think prior was from Scotland (must have been another customer).

It really felt like a scramble last-minute type car so that something is delivered to me. As it stands, I can't actually depend on it to use though!

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,609 Posts
Apparently there was a fire last week near the Lemington Spa site, so Operations can not do anything to help me. They essentially delivered a faulty car and it was known faulty as one of the phone operators told me it was reported before with a faulty keycard.

I'm currently sat with an Onto Tesla on my driveway that does not start. No new keycard sent and even giving temporary Tesla app access does not work consistently (I think as the Onto app's API key use interferes; something obviously the phone operator did not understand and just passed it on to Operations - who can't get into their office!).

Quite ridiculous and I have been very patient : they were meant to deliver an Audi the week prior but that broke down on the way to me. I was absolutely fine about it for them to get me what they can over the next 7 days. Car arrived filthy and it's a dog (errors everywhere, tyre pressures were low, tracking is out - very poorly looked after)

Just cannot recommend Onto to my friends - no one else would be as patient and persistance with a company that just does not get know how to resolve things when things go wrong (and sure it's ok when things go wrong).
Funny, when I heard about that fire in the Leamington Spa area, I did wonder if it would affect ONTO! Sorry to hear about this mess up. I have availability for an Audi for delivery next Tuesday (7th September). Appreciate you need a car now, but could they not send you a replacement Audi next week and just take the Tesla away? If you had planned to travel this week, what compensation are they offering? Covering the cost of an equivalent quality rental car?

·
3,609 Posts
Could you get it to Dartford Tesla? They could supply you with a new keycard. If warranty work is needed, perhaps they could keep it, and give you a loaner. You’d at least get an M3, but potentially could get an S or even an X if that’s all they have available. Ring up ONTO and suggest this solution if that would work for you.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Funny, when I heard about that fire in the Leamington Spa area, I did wonder if it would affect ONTO! Sorry to hear about this mess up. I have availability for an Audi for delivery next Tuesday (7th September). Appreciate you need a car now, but could they not send you a replacement Audi next week and just take the Tesla away? If you had planned to travel this week, what compensation are they offering? Covering the cost of an equivalent quality rental car?
All sensilbe suggestions and asked several times. A message goes to operations and "someone will get back to you" but no one actually does.
I have been on the phone to both Onto and Tesla everyday since Friday.

In hindsight, I think I should have: requested a full refund when the original booking for an Audi failed to arrive as it broke down on its way to me, and then straight away (or 1-2 days later) made a new booking with whatever long range model was available via the web site.
Could you get it to Dartford Tesla? They could supply you with a new keycard. If warranty work is needed, perhaps they could keep it, and give you a loaner. You’d at least get an M3, but potentially could get an S or even an X if that’s all they have available. Ring up ONTO and suggest this solution if that would work for you.
Yep - did this today. They thought it would be a 10min job to program new key card. Ended up waiting there for 2 hours. Even sat with one of their technicians and tried a bunch of different things. The car has bigger issues.
I got the same spec loaner (model, colour, age, mileage), but the Tesla car is in perfect condition. Actually drives properly and has full FSD which is really cool.

I informed Onto that their car is now with Tesla. And asked again about an Audi to be delivered next week (and I will give the loaner back). Was told (again) someone will get back to you. Someone actually did call me back, who then said they would email before 7pm today to confirm all the details. No email...

I am ok keeping the loaner, but don't want Onto's Tesla as it's a dog. And the 24 hour notice from Tesla to return could be an issue if it happens when we are on holiday away.

Maybe I should go to the Fully Charged Outside event tomorrow and speak directly to the management at the stand. After all, my "compensation request is currently with management".

Can't wait for the Model Y order book to open...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
And you’re sure it’s a 19 plate not a blue 69?

Clearly not just mine that was a dog then… I am still convinced the Onto Tesla fleet was formed of rejected orders from actual Tesla customers.

Reactions: E7EV and ohit1

·
Registered
685 Posts
And you’re sure it’s a 19 plate not a blue 69?
Very sure :)
Clearly not just mine that was a dog then… I am still convinced the Onto Tesla fleet was formed of rejected orders from actual Tesla customers.
The first white one we had ~18 months ago was great.

·
3,609 Posts
And the 24 hour notice from Tesla to return could be an issue if it happens when we are on holiday away.
Speak to Tesla about your holiday plans and they may wave this rule. I was due to take the M3P to Scotland to do the North Coast 500 when it had to go in for a new front wiring loom. Tesla were quite happy for me to take the MS loaner even though they didn’t know how long they’d need the M3P for. It had FSD as well, so that made up for the lack of CCS charging, useful when outside the SuC network.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Speak to Tesla about your holiday plans and they may wave this rule. I was due to take the M3P to Scotland to do the North Coast 500 when it had to go in for a new front wiring loom. Tesla were quite happy for me to take the MS loaner even though they didn’t know how long they’d need the M3P for. It had FSD as well, so that made up for the lack of CCS charging, useful when outside the SuC network.
Thanks. I did verablly when they offered me the loaner (or an Uber home). I will call them directly again on Monday. Need to give OnTo a chance to actually deliver a service first :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just ordered a car from Onto for the first time. Used a referral code yet they've just charged my card with the full amount the rental's supposed to be (rather than £50 less) - is that normal?

·
Registered
Elmo Referral: AdamT50 (£50 off one month for both of us)
395 Posts
Just ordered a car from Onto for the first time. Used a referral code yet they've just charged my card with the full amount the rental's supposed to be (rather than £50 less) - is that normal?
Definitely give them a call (use the option for new customers) and mention this, or jump on the web chat and ask. They may have just missed it off by accident.

6901 - 6920 of 6963 Posts