Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
7061 - 7080 of 7110 Posts

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
376 Posts
P.s My Model S has gome back to Tesla now, so I’m back on On.to - Managed to snag an ID 3 Life on a week’s lead time, never seen those type of lead times of late!

·
Registered
346 Posts
P.s My Model S has gome back to Tesla now, so I’m back on On.to - Managed to snag an ID 3 Life on a week’s lead time, never seen those type of lead times of late!
I guess a bunch of them went back in favour of the Family - I’ve noticed there seems to be random bursts of availability now and again.

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
376 Posts
I guess a bunch of them went back in favour of the Family - I’ve noticed there seems to be random bursts of availability now and again.
I think so, I'd been monitoring and most stuff was around a month - five weeks lead time. I then saw an ID3 Life (which is fine for me as a temp car again) and boom - one week! I had never jumped so quickly.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,626 Posts
I think so, I'd been monitoring and most stuff was around a month - five weeks lead time. I then saw an ID3 Life (which is fine for me as a temp car again) and boom - one week! I had never jumped so quickly.
The secret is to look regularly for availability and act quickly when you see what you want, just as you did. Stock is turning over all the time. Some vehicles are returned and new stock arrives from the manufacturers.

Reactions: toms

·
Registered
121 Posts
It does say in the Terms that delivery is not guaranteed, and drivers of all vehicles are in short supply, people who where furloughed during the early days of the pandemic have quit, and taken other jobs, people are off sick, recruitment for all driving jobs is a problem across all sectors and other logistics issues..

Don't forget the companies who deliver the cars are also delivering ICE and PHEV's to customers and deliveries of them are backing up....

They wont pay out if you hire a Tesla Model S, more likely you will get an ey-up :p As they say plan for the best, but prepare for the worst....
Got the email from onto today, car being delivered tomorrow as scheduled. Why they cant confirm this at least a week earlier i don't understand so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I'm a newbie to the forum but have benefited greatly from all the helpful discussion on here. I've used an Onto referral code from here and would be chuffed if someone looking to sign up could use mine.

ONTO referral code d70e5
£50 off your first Onto rental!

·
Registered
361 Posts
That is for the year, and if you use Top Cash Back, i think you can also get about £13 back in cashback, although it takes ages so you in the end its £34 for a year, and it covers you as every month your OntO renewal is a new hire contract :)

You still pay Onto the full excess due (£1000) and you put in an insurance claim for the excess you paid (after refund if one is due) and they pay you back the excess...

I'll be cheeky and put my TCB referral link in as well TopCashback.co.uk: The UK’s #1 Cashback & Vouchers Site
Welp, I tried to do this just now, in anticipation of the car arriving tomorrow (touch wood), but insurance4carhire's payment gateway is broken, so I can't actually complete the purchase and get a policy. When speaking to someone on Live Chat they were about as vague as it is possible to be about why it was down or when it would be back... reassuring.

I assume I need to get this in place today if it's arriving tomorrow? Is it too late for it to be bought on the day it arrives?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,894 Posts
Welp, I tried to do this just now, in anticipation of the car arriving tomorrow (touch wood), but insurance4carhire's payment gateway is broken, so I can't actually complete the purchase and get a policy. When speaking to someone on Live Chat they were about as vague as it is possible to be about why it was down or when it would be back... reassuring.

I assume I need to get this in place today if it's arriving tomorrow? Is it too late for it to be bought on the day it arrives?
Maybe they're using Farcebook's backend software?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ok. Our Black E-208 GT , brand new 71 plate , arrived today , 1 1/2 hrs late , 132 miles on the clock, came all the way from Kent is seems. Seems a silly question to ask already, but what is the procedure to give it back? Do you have to give 30 days notice? Or after the first 30 days can you give it back anytime you want and get a partial refund for days not used? Do you do this via the ONTO app or call / email them with the return request?

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,626 Posts
Ok. Our Black E-208 GT , brand new 71 plate , arrived today , 1 1/2 hrs late , 132 miles on the clock, came all the way from Kent is seems. Seems a silly question to ask already, but what is the procedure to give it back? Do you have to give 30 days notice? Or after the first 30 days can you give it back anytime you want and get a partial refund for days not used? Do you do this via the ONTO app or call / email them with the return request?
You are always charged for the full month. There are no refunds if you return the vehicle early. On your account webpage, you can select the return vehicle option. You’ll get a reminder to sign your next months contract about 10 days to 2 weeks before your renewal date. That would be the time to inform them that you are not renewing, and start the return process.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You are always charged for the full month. There are no refunds if you return the vehicle early. On your account webpage, you can select the return vehicle option. You’ll get a reminder to sign your next months contract about 10 days to 2 weeks before your renewal date. That would be the time to inform them that you are not renewing, and start the return process.
Thanks. Ok Heads up anyone interested, there should be a Black 71 plate Peugeot E-208 GT available from ONTO from 1st December to 5th December , as we should be collecting out purchased Tesla Model 3 sometime in November, and i doubt it will be 1st to 5th November.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Zap Map will give you the answers, you just need to select the networks. Instavolt and BP Pulse and then the following for the Shell Card. You should also have SuC access with a Model 3.

Shell Recharge
New Motion
Alfa Power Charging
ChargePoint Inc
Char.gy
E-Flux
ESB
EV-Box
EVDriver
Fastned
Franklin Energy
has.to.be
Ionity
LastMileSolutions
Osprey
Vattenfall UK
Virta
All these above are covered by the one ONTO Shell Card provided? Really? New Motion & Ionity and all the others too? RFID from the 1 card, no apps? I assumed it would just be Shell Recharge. Can i ask where did you obtain this list from? I cant see all these mentioned on the ONTO or Shell UK websites.

·
Registered
346 Posts
All these above are covered by the one ONTO Shell Card provided? Really? New Motion & Ionity and all the others too? RFID from the 1 card, no apps? I assumed it would just be Shell Recharge. Can i ask where did you obtain this list from? I cant see all these mentioned on the ONTO or Shell UK websites.

·
Evezy referral code: d4113
231 Posts
The secret is to look regularly for availability and act quickly when you see what you want, just as you did. Stock is turning over all the time. Some vehicles are returned and new stock arrives from the manufacturers.
Definitely this..... a week ago they didn't have any ID.3s for Nov, today I have a Family Pro Performance in Black coming on 17Nov.
A question to long termers, what's the expectation on valeting a long term car for return?

Reactions: E7EV

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
A question to long termers, what's the expectation on valeting a long term car for return?
Just make sure the car is clean inside and out. It doesn't have to be perfect and back to factory standard or anything. But a duster, vacuum, and wet wipe around the trims that might have collected mucky footprints will do for the insides.

You're basically just doing it to allow the driver to take good photos that accurately represent the condition of the car more than anything else.

Make sure also that all loose items are back in the car, and that you have removed the car from the manufacturer's app if you used it, and reset the car's infotainment system back to factory settings.

Finally have the car charged up. At least 60% I belive is the requirement, but if you can get it much closer to full the drivers will be grateful.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 w/ Onto
50 Posts
Can i ask where did you obtain this list from?
I can confirm as a subscriber I've used most of those Shell partner networks with the RFID card, it (and Instavolt) work just about every time without fail. The BP card is much more hit and miss. Ionity in particular is great for motorway trips if you're passing services which have them installed.

The other network missing from this list is Ubitricity -- it's the only one that you need to use the Shell recharge app for (as the lamp post charging points don't have RFID readers). But if you're in London or another area where Ubitricity is prevalent and don't have off-street parking, it can be a game changer and make it much easier to get your car charged up in downtime, rather than needing to make a trip to a rapid.

To use it, you need to link the Shell card to the Shell Recharge App, and use that as the 'payment' method.
More details are over on the Onto forum

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
809 Posts
Not a list, but you can see all the networks covered within Shell Recharge on their map. Make sure the filter isn't set to "only show Shell Recharge stations'.

Top be honest, Shell/ Ionity/ Osprey make up 90% of the useful networks on that list in my experience. The rest may be relevant occasionally or locally.

7061 - 7080 of 7110 Posts