Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
7081 - 7100 of 7109 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 Iconic
156 Posts
I can confirm as a subscriber I've used most of those Shell partner networks with the RFID card, it (and Instavolt) work just about every time without fail. The BP card is much more hit and miss. Ionity in particular is great for motorway trips if you're passing services which have them installed.

The other network missing from this list is Ubitricity -- it's the only one that you need to use the Shell recharge app for (as the lamp post charging points don't have RFID readers). But if you're in London or another area where Ubitricity is prevalent and don't have off-street parking, it can be a game changer and make it much easier to get your car charged up in downtime, rather than needing to make a trip to a rapid.

To use it, you need to link the Shell card to the Shell Recharge App, and use that as the 'payment' method.
More details are over on the Onto forum
I agree with this all, but wanted to add that char.gy is also the same as Ubitricity... both because it needs the Shell Recharge card to be added to the app in order to start a charger, and because it's a game-changer in London!

·
Registered
Jaguar i-Pace 21MY
1,787 Posts
What's this email I've received about some milestone being announced?
See the onto forum for latest guesses…

·
Registered
346 Posts
See the onto forum for latest guesses…

Wow, some people who have been renting from Onto for a while really do think they’re owed something don’t they? 🤦‍♂️😂

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,626 Posts
Wow, some people who have been renting from Onto for a while really do think they’re owed something don’t they? 🤦‍♂️😂
I’m not totally sure of what you’re referring to, but there’s a lot of banter on the forum. You’d need to have read a few other threads to understand the context! ;)

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 38
34 Posts
I’m not totally sure of what you’re referring to, but there’s a lot of banter on the forum. You’d need to have read a few other threads to understand the context! ;)
Totally agree and I'm practicing my anger management / frustration containment strategies so only nice things on their from me for a while :p

Reactions: E7EV

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 Iconic
156 Posts
ID.4 now available from Onto for £899/month:

·
Registered
794 Posts
£899 for the ID.4 feels like it’s the “medium popcorn” to try and justify £999 for the Q4
It’s nuts! You can get the same id4 on a 1 month down lease deal for £520,

the £400 per month difference buys you a lot of charging, insurance and servicing compared to onto

·
Registered
346 Posts

the £400 per month difference buys you a lot of charging, insurance and servicing compared to onto
Not a fair comparison though with a 2+ year commitment unless you’re planning on keeping it for that long.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Max on order
4 Posts
Just took delery of our brand new ID.3 Family, think I'm the first one to receive and am a happy chappy so far - quite liking the Stonewashed Blue colour :)
Looks good, mine also arrived today, same colour and pleasantly surprised to see it came with alloys. Came straight from the port, so it's brand new.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Most people do not change their car monthly, i dont see paying around £400pm extra for month by month as good value at all
That’s true, my pattern tends to be 3-6 months on average.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
VW ID4 GTX (on order)
79 Posts

Can you? Where? On a 2year lease, 1 month down with 12k miles for the same Life Pro Performance spec I can see the price is around £760pm for a private lease.

That’s true, my pattern tends to be 3-6 months on average.
We're getting an Onto vehicle purely as an interim car for circa 3-4 months, so the little extra for flexibility is worth paying for it plus I think people are also forgetting with Onto theres no servicing costs, insurance etc and they provide free "fuel".

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
The TCO comparisons are fairly compelling. My only problem is they’re not nearly as compelling as they used to be.

Reactions: technicalfault

·
3,626 Posts
£899 for the ID.4 feels like it’s the “medium popcorn” to try and justify £999 for the Q4
Is this all your own work? ;)

·
3,626 Posts
A link to that deal please. I’ll allow a 1+23 lease with 12k mileage of course, as well as maintenance included. Give it your best shot ;)

7081 - 7100 of 7109 Posts