Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
They could farm out testing for not a lot of money. That should have caught crash or hang on Launch bugs on any of the more popular phones.
They can do it for zero money.. google can do launch testing on a bunch of popular phones (and some odd ones, like a Hindi Moto G) when you upload an APK. There's even a full test suite for very little money that can stress test the app for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
FAIL at clackets services got stuck on loading, with my brand new Samsung J3, which replaced my windows phone for this very app. Luckily we had my daughters iPhone 5c which worked to start the charge.

Samsung J3 (6) Android 5.1.1 EH?* - locked up

Sorry not sure which EH version - I have since reinstalled the app to the current 1.0.8 and will try again in a few days, as not a daily EH user.

21/9: Updated my app and this has worked the last two times with my J3 - at Clacketts and Pease pottage, so all seems to be sorted.

·
The best there is at what I do
10,592 Posts
HTC Desire running Android 2.2.2 definitely doesn't work, can't even download the app.

Has anyone created a wifi hotspot with their mobile phone and used a tablet to initiate a charge, I can't see why it wouldn't work, I fancy getting a tablet, it would be more useful to me and it would be cheaper than a phone.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Nexus 5X Android 7.0 EH 1.0.7 (Works but occasionally crashes about 1/3 of the time, which auto-restarts the app. It hasn't crashed twice in a row so the auto-restarted app has always worked).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Samsung Note 4 Android 6.01 works ok.

As a side note I hate having to use an app to make this work and £6 is expensive. I avoid using the Ecotricty pumps unless I really have to. Prefer charge your car points, they are generally cheaper and use a RFID card.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OnePlus3 with both Marshmallow and Nougat versions - works well for me. Not sure I agree with the regime but hey it helps in a pinch.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,620 Posts
Samsung Note 4 Android 6.01 works ok.

As a side note I hate having to use an app to make this work and £6 is expensive. I avoid using the Ecotricty pumps unless I really have to. Prefer charge your car points, they are generally cheaper and use a RFID card.
I'm warming to it, especially in the cold and even more in the rain. I can et everything ready to go sitting in the drivers seat, quickly hope out to plug in and press one button, then jump back into the car again giving barely enough time to get cold/wet!

·
10,592 Posts
I'm warming to it, especially in the cold and even more in the rain. I can et everything ready to go sitting in the drivers seat, quickly hope out to plug in and press one button, then jump back into the car again giving barely enough time to get cold/wet!
I'm not, try pulling into an MSA and finding you've lost your phone, you can't charge WTF, the apps should be a convenience thing for people who want to use them not the primary method, using apps adds more layers to the process and introduces many more points of failure.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I'm not, try pulling into an MSA and finding you've lost your phone, you can't charge WTF, the apps should be a convenience thing for people who want to use them not the primary method, using apps adds more layers to the process and introduces many more points of failure.
YMMV, but I think I'm less likely to lose my phone than to lose an RFID card that I hardly ever use.

·
10,592 Posts
YMMV, but I think I'm less likely to lose my phone than to lose an RFID card that I hardly ever use.
It's irrelevant, there needs to be other ways of paying, I haven't had a phone for over a week, (O2 are doing their best bless them) so to all intense and purposes I still can't use my car away from my local area, doesn't just apply to the EH, Pod Point etc all that use an app are all the same.

Despite EcoT's promise they still haven't sorted out a web app, there are loads of people who don't have Apple/Android phones, if they had I could probably ask any random person if I could borrow their phone to start a charge but asking them if it's OK to install an app probably wouldn't go too well:confused:

41 - 60 of 164 Posts