Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking on the network screen on my r-link and its got a MCC/MNC of 20801 ... and that's a service centre of orange france (is that right?)

And the SIM ID is Blank (is that right?)

was just curious.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Mine in England is on Three (or was when I last looked).

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if mine should be on Ireland - it was originally imported from N.I. this Zoe was , I would have thought it had a UK MNC number there , not a france one.
I wonder if i can change the MNC to a UK or ireland one through DDT4all, I have the special cable for the can socket and DDT4all on my laptop and have used DDT4all numerous time .. in fact just the other day to enable Android auto on the r-link .. I didnt notice any MNC settings at that time but I must fire it up again and see. - it might be beneficial if it has any bearing on the 'service not available at this time' message that comes up a lot when I try apps - anyone know if it would make a difference?

·
Registered
16,845 Posts
I wonder if mine should be on Ireland - it was originally imported from N.I. this Zoe was , I would have thought it had a UK MNC number there , not a france one.
I wonder if i can change the MNC to a UK or ireland one through DDT4all, I have the special cable for the can socket and DDT4all on my laptop and have used DDT4all numerous time .. in fact just the other day to enable Android auto on the r-link .. I didnt notice any MNC settings at that time but I must fire it up again and see. - it might be beneficial if it has any bearing on the 'service not available at this time' message that comes up a lot when I try apps - anyone know if it would make a difference?
Why would you screw with this?

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
992 Posts
I've seen Orange FR, Three UK and Manx Telecom. I don't know if there is no real consistency or if Renault just had different deals at different times, since the cars I have checked were all registered at different times.

Anyone know if it would make a difference?
I can see you causing a lot of unnecessary hassle for yourself. All the networks have roaming agreements anyways. If the home network isn't available it will connect to whatever partners they have in your country. If you are getting data signal for other things in your car then that isn't the reason for your 'Service not available' error messages you're seeing.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Presumably that is going to be who the SIM is registered with - so you'd need a new SIM card to change it.

Happy to be corrected - my understanding is that Pre ZE50 the mobile app interface worked by sending an SMS to the car to wake up RLink, then the car connected back to base to get info on what the app wanted the car to do. If you change the SIM (without porting the underlying number) then the app wont know where to send that SMS to tell the car to "phone home", so it wont work.
I wouldn't advise touching this stuff and assume it will continue to work afterwards.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,125 Posts
Its connected so its all good. I never saw SIM ID populated on my Zoe either.

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
992 Posts
Just had a play with a Q90 from work. This has a SIM ID showing, and was registered as 234 30 (T-Mobile UK/EE) - That's 4 different networks I have seen now, so I really don't think there is any consistency on that one whatsoever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts