Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Apologies for resurrecting an old topic but in this instance it seems appropriate. I had an advisory on the MOT that said the wiper blades were smearing and replacement advised. I had a close look at them (almost certainly the originals and they looked OK albeit very dirty. I removed them and put them under a running tap while gently cleaning them with an old soft toothbrush - a significant amount of black accumulated dirt ran off. And, guess what? They no longer smear!

For anyone who does need replacement, here is a useful link to the correct fitment from Bosch:

Reactions: modo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone willing to respond on a previous query I posted above? Thanks
Modo says that he's found the real replacement for a Volt but it would be helpful if some of the other contributors could provide links to the solutions/options that they suggested. Thanks
Hello
I used the following rubber refill on the original vipers. They work well and easy to replace. A bargain at £3.99.

SHA 222

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hello
I used the following rubber refill on the original vipers. They work well and easy to replace. A bargain at £3.99.

SHA 222
Do let us all know how you get on with these - they certainly look to be a very inexpensive solution . . .

·
Registered
324 Posts
I use silicone ones like these -

They work well, last well and leave an invisible silicone residue on the screen that makes the water bead nicely

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do let us all know how you get on with these - they certainly look to be a very inexpensive solution . . .
I fitted these 6 weeks ago and they work well. The rubber profile is exactly the same as original vipers supplied with the car.
My car is a 2013 model bought in 2014 and I had it since new. Worth checking your vipers to make sure it is the same profile as shown in the photo.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts