2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,355 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Every single year these lines get trotted out. I half think its because some journos have placed a large bet on it at the bookies...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Because they're both owned by Rupert Murdoch.
I view that fact as being irrelevant. The inferred complaints are that The Sun was printing unfounded claims. However The Times reported it first, and The Times does not attract the same automatic condemnation.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
They do in my house, for the reason already given.
Is that a reflection of political preference?

The Sun (and all other tabloids) are banned in my house, a rule never waived, not even to help start coal fires.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys, you are not taking this with the respect that good journalism demands..🙃

Best top-up those coal stocks and get out "winterofdiscontent" plans in place.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,350 Posts
It's a reflection of a healthy understanding of the global Murdoch press's denialist approach towards AGW.
Maybe so, but it could still be correct and true.

So, is the thread here saying the global warmists are cold temperature deniers?

Anyone willing to put a bet on the lowest temperature in the UK this winter, during this spell of unprecedented anthropogenic warmth that have reached record breaking high temperatures?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe so, but it could still be correct and true.

So, is the thread here saying the global warmists are cold temperature deniers?

Anyone willing to put a bet on the lowest temperature in the UK this winter, during this spell of unprecedented anthropogenic warmth that have reached record breaking high temperatures?
Global warming is a driver of changed weather phenomena, eg shift of "Atlantic Drift" causing colder British winters, discuss

·
23,350 Posts
Global warming is a driver of changed weather phenomena, eg shift of "Atlantic Drift" causing colder British winters, discuss
Did the Sun say what the cause was? Global warming causing cold winters?

The thread is about the Sun being wrong about its claim, and subsequently the proposal was made that they say this as a AGW denial tactic.

...... So if I get it right, are you suggesting that if it is warmer this winter then it proves AGW and if it is colder then that proves AGW?.....

I'd happily take a bet that it is going to get warmer or cooler .... does that tautology really have anything to do with AGW?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The Sun (and all other tabloids) are banned in my house, a rule never waived, not even to help start coal fires.
Coal? One is tempted to say "Burn the Heretic"!
Don't you have a handy supplies of Witches? Or even Ducks?

·
23,350 Posts

"The team, led by Mark Saunders, a professor of climate prediction at University College London, told The Sunday Times: "This would rank the 2020 January-February central England temperature as the coldest winter since 2013. "

.....Is the Sunday Times a tabloid?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts