Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I really liked this, watched it late last night nicely shot video pretty much says it all about this amazing car and company about the best video I have seen and as good an advert for one that I have seen too.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
There's others (posted on here too) which are longer, more in depth, and more positive. Also the more famous one where they put it against an Aston Martin Rapide, and kick it's bottom. ;)

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I wish I was rich & living in California, with a house big enough to need a roof with enough area for a large solar array to cover the power requirements of the car and the house (like the dude the reviewer visits on his first charge stop).

Temperate climate, low property prices.... I am Jealous.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
That "good samaritans" feature is a sign of simple, elegant, genius. Customer first, let's just think what people might want and give it to them. Brilliant.

My LEAF can't even tell me if a charger is public or not.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
If you upgrade your Leaf to a Parrot ASTEROID Smart or similar then you can run many of the same apps as the Model S. Eventually with OVMS you'll even be able to integrate your battery range with navigation and charging locations :)
That looks really nice.

However as I only have the car three years (PCP, plan to drop it) not worthwhile... in an ideal world we'll own an EV and be able to hack and play with by then (or precisely then), until such a time I'm not keen to do more than change a bulb and wash!

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
Slightly off the point and maybe it already exists (if so where) but would a good samaritan web site work in the uk for all EV's

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Slightly off the point and maybe it already exists (if so where) but would a good samaritan web site work in the uk for all EV's
They are probably using PlugShare or a similar service... the Model S has a internet browser that can access most third party websites.

Personally I think the idea is rather old fashioned with so much public charging available today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts