Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched The World's End last night (Simon Pegg movie) and it's chockablock with Vauxhall Amperas and I'm not sure, but maybe also some Chevy Volts for good measure?

It looks like they re-use the same vehicles multiple times, but it's a real heavy case of product placement for sure, they even have an advert in it...

Anyone seen this movie and noticed the invasion of GM EVs?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah, I watched this movie at my brother's house a couple of weeks ago. I noticed the Ampera a couple of times and was going to mention it to him but then stopped and thought what a boring comment it would have been so didn't. Obviously it's not such a boring comment on here ;-)

Funny film though, apart from the stupid last 15 mins.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Well with the rampant price cuts, they could almost be accused of dumping Amperas on the market. Maybe global world domination is on the internal version of the corporate strategy and its an accurate representation. What does the G in GM stand for? Are you sure? :D

·
Registered
929 Posts
i646059.jpg
It's an extreme example of corporate product placement ! shame it bombed ..I think a number of cars in the film are now owned by forum members on here - a few were on VXL plates which will have been re registered .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts