Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's a fact
It's a thing we can't deny .....

So why wouldn't a Chinese manufacturer of EVs provide a way to transport bikes. As I understand it you can fit neither tow bar mounted rack or roof bars on a MG5. It is possible to fit bars on a ZS but it is a bit high to load bikes on top.

These seem major admissions and the closest thing to crazy I can think off.

Anyone guess who's CD I'm listening to at the moment?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think the reason for that is they use bicycles INSTEAD of cars and maybe nine out of nine millions is ever transported in/on top of/behind a car.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,111 Posts
That's less than one for every 2.3 people (based on the 2018 data) - I would be interested to know whether the proportion is higher in London. :p

Anyway, as @TomIRL alludes there is reverse snobbery regarding bicycles and cars in developing nations - a car is a status symbol and a bicycle is a sign of being poor so few would choose to transport their (servants) bicycles for them as it would be seen that you are only driving the car for someone else before returning on your bicycle. I don't believe that leisure cycling is big in China - for example how many Chinese athletes compete on the Tour de France? There has been one to date and none this year .....

None of which excuses the lack of practicality of a product intended for the UK Market.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I doubt they have legislation requiring roof rails to meet a certain standard of strength under rigorous testing.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,111 Posts
Fortunately post-Brexit neither will we. 😋

1 - 6 of 6 Posts