Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Juro (2018)
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I sold my Leaf and now a proud owner of an Outlander PHEV Juro from 2018. I found the charge cable but no three pin adapter box and wondered if I should have expected one to come with the vehicle?

If not, has anyone experience with after market ones like this one from EV OneStop:

·
richi.uk
305 Posts
Yes, it should come with the vehicle, but independent dealers rarely check that the previous keeper didn't "steal" it to flog on fleaBay.

I always recommend the very good Duosia units (also branded KHONS), such as this:

This and other handy items for Outlander owners are in the charity list:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/shop/richi
[SWMBO's dog-rescue charity receives a small kickback from links, at no cost to you—UK reg#1186687]

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Screwfix stock a properly certified unit, backed by a proper warranty, the only snag is that they run out of stick fairly frequently, so you have to keep looking. I would very much prefer buying from a known UK supplier that will will have been much more likly to have checked that the unit is fully compliant with the required safety standards than trust anything bought from somewhere that is very well known for selling dangerous and sub-standard electrical items (and that is mainly eBay, Amazon, etc, who do zero checking on any of their traders, it seems).

The Screwfix units are also very reasonably priced (£140 for the cheapest Type 2 unit): Charging - Search Results | Screwfix.com

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Juro (2018)
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Richi and Jeremy :) I have asked the dealer to investigate. I'll hold fire for now until they had a chance to track it down.

·
richi.uk
305 Posts
that is mainly eBay, Amazon, etc, who do zero checking on any of their traders, it seems.
Woah! A blast from the past (assuming that's the @Jeremy Harris). How the Devil are you?

Yes, I'd hesitate to recommend anything from Bezos-mart that was drop-shipped or otherwise out of their control. The key phrase is, "Fulfilled by Amazon." And I know the Duosida grannies are excellent bits of kit—I have one in the back of the i-MiEV, to replace the rather dodgy Mitsubishi-supplied unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts