Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's been 24 hours, and there are handful of things I miss or don't seem to work the way I'd like.

Firstly, the door locking/unlocking. I'm OK with the little button on the handle for keyless entry but preferred the fact my old car had a sensor so you didn't have to fumble in the dark to locate the button (very minor).

The biggest thing annoying me at the moment is that the car has no mechanism to auto lock when you walk away. If the car can detect when you are in the vicinity already, then why can't it have the ability to auto lock if the key is no longer within the car and the doors are all shut after a short period of time. I've walked off twice already (albeit at home) and forgot to lock it so far. Doesn't seem like something that would have been difficult to implement, perhaps in a software update (not holding my breath).

Is it me, or does anyone else notice that the drive knob and buttons aren't illuminated at night so you can't see what you're fumbling for? I think this might apply to most buttons to be honest. It's minor but would help a lot. Once I'm more used to everything it probably won't be an issue but just leapt out at me while driving last night.

I find myself sliding around in the seats going round corners, they just don't seem to hold you in place. I know they are leather but I'll have to start wearing stick clothing at this rate. This wasn't helped by the fact I'd pulled a muscle in my back yesterday and every time I went round a corner and slid over the seat it set off a nasty twinge!

I only tried to change one feature so far, so the drives door only unlocks on the first key press, however I followed the instructions a dozen times and nothing happened. Either it doesn't work or I'm missing something. Can't find how to do it through the setup sections in the MMCS or iPhone app either so stuck a bit on that.

I tried to import all my contacts from my iPhone 4, says it's done it though last time I checked it was still building a voice profile. Does anyone know if the GPS address and phone book are shared so there is only a single list to maintain or are they separate?

I read the entire handbook cover to cover yesterday (thrilling stuff) and I'll be doing the same with the MMCS manual tonight (can't wait!) so there may be some things I haven't discovered yet.

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
338 Posts
Autolock/unlock would indeed be great.

On the locking front, what annoys me most is that locking the car doesn't automatically close the powered tailgate, particularly as you have to wait for it to close before you can lock. Also, pressing the button to open the tailgate doesn't work unless you have already unlocked the car...

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Autolock/unlock would indeed be great.

On the locking front, what annoys me most is that locking the car doesn't automatically close the tailgate, particularly as you have to wait for it to close before you can lock. Pressing the button to open the tailgate doesn't work unless you have already unlocked the car...
My tailgate unlocks when i press the button if the keys in my pocket.

·
Registered
412 Posts
In terms of the OP, the only thing I miss is being able to open/shut all the windows at the (long) press of the unlock/lock button. All the other points are IMHO very minor. But of course this is down to individual preference. @Stubbo now you've read the MMCS manual I bet there are a few more - I think this is one of the weakest parts of the Outlander.
Regarding @Olivier and @Lee Dalton, I think you are saying slightly different things, but tbh I think it's pretty minor

·
Registered
412 Posts
Is it me, or does anyone else notice that the drive knob and buttons aren't illuminated at night so you can't see what you're fumbling for? I think this might apply to most buttons to be honest. It's minor but would help a lot. Once I'm more used to everything it probably won't be an issue but just leapt out at me while driving last night.
Soz I forgot this one. Does seem more important. Is there not a small orange light up in the roof in front of (or behind, if you prefer) the rear view mirror? I assumed this was to cast some light on the 'gearstick'. But I'm usually driving in well lit areas so maybe it's not..... Can't see what else it's for....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts