Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time between 10:30 PM last night when I got home and 8:00 ish this morning when my wife went out, our Ampera acquired a large roof depression alongside the radio aerial that spans the rear edge of the roof and front edge of the tailgate. The body shop are surprised that the rear glass didn't break.

No debris in the area. Nothing missing from either our roof or our neighbours'.

Mystery.

The good news in that the bodyshop associated with the local Vauxhall dealer are telling me that they are approved to fix it, even though the dealer itself isn't approved to service it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The good news in that the bodyshop associated with the local Vauxhall dealer are telling me that they are approved to fix it, even though the dealer itself isn't approved to service it.
Bodyshop has just decided that they can't do my job after all - seems that they do electric cars for other brands but not Vauxhall.

·
Registered
175 Posts
May be worthwhile checking with any local mobile scratch and dent guys, they might be able to repair it without damaging the paintwork.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
May be worthwhile checking with any local mobile scratch and dent guys, they might be able to repair it without damaging the paintwork.
Unfortunately I think it's too far gone for that. I can only just crack the tailgate open at the moment.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Latest theory - someone stood on roof in failed attempt to lever open top of hatch in search for drugs.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you normally leave your stash of drugs in the boot then ? ;)
Not normally especially with a somewhat iffy cloth cover. However an expensive newish car at a hospital in the early hours of the morning would have an above average probability that it might.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Not very clever were they as most hatches on cars open from the bottom! :confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts