Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so we are all enjoying our Model 3's. It's an amazing car, but no car is perfect.

What things don't you like about the Model 3 so far? Maybe there are work arounds for what we don't like and we can learn from each other.

Mine are.

• Wipers - little bit fiddly to turn on compared to flicking the stalk. Wouldn't be much of an issue if the Auto setting was good. I find the auto setting not sensitive enough and I basically can't see where I'm going before it decides to wipe. Can this be adjusted.
  • Rear view in raining and dark conditions - This is my first saloon car with no rear wiper. I basically can't see nothing in dark and raining conditions in my rear view mirror. Maybe I need to try some rainx or something similar so that the rain falls away quicker?
  • Charging connector not unlocking - if the car has finished charging I approach my car and the car automatically unlocks via my phone. But the connector is still locked? You have to open the door and wake the car up then it will unlock? Shouldn't it just unlock when you approach the car?
  • Rear view camera. Very jittery and jumpy. Not a smooth picture? Anyone else's the same?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wipers - you can press the left stalk button in once to wipe once, which also brings up the wiper menu if you want to change the setting with one touch.

PS: don't have mine yet, just going by what I've seen in the interwebs.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Saloons without rear wipers are annoying. If it has a heated rear screen try turning that on. That seems to reduce water. Do that on my old Audi as I'm too lazy to apply rainX. Has it got a rear camera view that you can have on the screen while you're driving? That would also give more information about what is happening just behind the car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok, so we are all enjoying our Model 3's. It's an amazing car, but no car is perfect.

What things don't you like about the Model 3 so far? Maybe there are work arounds for what we don't like and we can learn from each other.

Mine are.

• Wipers - little bit fiddly to turn on compared to flicking the stalk. Wouldn't be much of an issue if the Auto setting was good. I find the auto setting not sensitive enough and I basically can't see where I'm going before it decides to wipe. Can this be adjusted.
  • Rear view in raining and dark conditions - This is my first saloon car with no rear wiper. I basically can't see nothing in dark and raining conditions in my rear view mirror. Maybe I need to try some rainx or something similar so that the rain falls away quicker?
  • Charging connector not unlocking - if the car has finished charging I approach my car and the car automatically unlocks via my phone. But the connector is still locked? You have to open the door and wake the car up then it will unlock? Shouldn't it just unlock when you approach the car?
  • Rear view camera. Very jittery and jumpy. Not a smooth picture? Anyone else's the same?
I unlock the charge port using the app. I find the rear view camera to be excellent so have that checked.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I unlock the charge port using the app. I find the rear view camera to be excellent so have that checked.
Doesn't it seem laggy at all?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was watching a video that someone put up on the 10th of their Model 3 performance and they seem to have the lag issue too on the backup camera:

·
Registered
33 Posts
My bugbear is autopilot especially after spending 3 years using the Mercedes equivalent. Key annoyances include.
  • Random hard braking when driving down the motorway
  • Incessant bing bing noises every time you have to disengage, engage, disengage and engage when executing an overtaking manoeuvre (the Mercedes system allowed you to either change lane automatically or change manually and it did not disengage auto steer. Tesla view is either it's during it your are)
  • Can't read speed signs
  • Even when it does recognise speed limit had changed (location based ?) it doesn't always change speed car is travelling at, you need to do it manually
  • Amazingly occasionally slows down approaching roundabouts but not always (no I was not following another car)
I get it will improve, FSD will eventually be worth buying and EU will change laws to accommodate but as it currently stands Mercedes drive pilot was better i.e more relaxing to use which is ultimately the purpose of these aids. Would never trade though as otherwise love the model 3

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
Standard AP without NoA is going to be annoying. I have NoA grandfathered in.

There should be a big upgrade in capability soon - but as you say it depends on EU regulation when we get it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not really something I don't like per se and maybe just have to get used to it with the regen or wear in. But the brakes are a bit spongy. They definitely work but there is not much feel. It is a Performance lite with standard brakes.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Interesting. I've never expected the car to stop charging and unlatch the cable just because I'd unlocked it.

The "proper" solution to this is to use only Tesla chargers, which have the built-in button on the plug that commands the car to cease charging and unlatch the cable.

Personally, I just got used to using the fob (with MS) to unlatch the cable.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting. I've never expected the car to stop charging and unlatch the cable just because I'd unlocked it.

The "proper" solution to this is to use only Tesla chargers, which have the built-in button on the plug that commands the car to cease charging and unlatch the cable.

Personally, I just got used to using the fob (with MS) to unlatch the cable.
Well no the car had finished charging.

If the car has finished charging and you unlock the car I just don't understand why the plug also cannot be unlocked ready for disconnection.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 197 Posts