Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am parked up at my local, expensive farm shop to try their podpoint. First time I've used my type2 charging cable
Car Land vehicle Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
8and wonder if there's a problem. I selected the correct charger, confirmed the charge, green lights are flashing on the 7kW charger but nothing showing on the green lights on the dash. Previously on the granny charger and the instavolt down the road they have come on. Could there be a fault with the cable and if so, how would I tell? Sorry if that's a dumb newbie question but just wondered, thanks

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
I'm pretty sure that a flashing green light means that the charge point has detected the car is plugged in, but that it hasn't detected a request for power from the car. IIRC, the light turns to a solid green when charging. Unlikely to be a cable problem, as it seems to have detected that OK.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, the charge point is flashing how do I tell the car yo charge? The auto charge button isn't illuminated but seem to remember that dead locks everything and I'm currently sat in the car?

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
What's the Podpoint app displaying? Normally these charge points start charging immediately and then you have 15 minutes in which to go on to the app and claim the charge. Even the free ones do this, and need the charge to be claimed in order to charge for more than 15 minutes.

It does sound as if the car isn't requesting a charge, though, which seems odd if it has been fine on other AC charge points. Might be worth checking that both connectors are fully pushed home, as new cables can be a bit stiff to get in initially.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro +4
30 Posts
I have had to do this a few times when trying Podpoint at the local Tescos. Plug in and get the Podpoint app all fine but then - On the UVO app, Remote page, refresh the page (with the Red dot and white circular arrow) and see if now shows the car plugged in and charging or not. If not press the Start Charging 'button' and then refresh the page again.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All very weird, its charging fine, this time, albeit only 3.5 k. I will wait past the 16 minutes but this time the auto light is on so looks much more positive. Thanks for holding my hand, off to the rapid charger next though!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All very weird, its charging fine, this time, albeit only 3.5 k. I will wait past the 16 minutes but this time the auto light is on so looks much more positive. Thanks for holding my hand, off to the rapid charger next though!
I have had to do this a few times when trying Podpoint at the local Tescos. Plug in and get the Podpoint app all fine but then - On the UVO app, Remote page, refresh the page (with the Red dot and white circular arrow) and see if now shows the car plugged in and charging or not. If not press the Start Charging 'button' and then refresh the page again.
Haven't actually tried anything in uvo yet, going to get a smart meter when I can then look at all the charging stuff, thanks 🙂 7

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro +4
30 Posts
Glad to hear it worked. When finished the charge, stop the charge on the car first (UVO or dash) and then you can disconnect - you may need to unlock the car to release the cable from the front of the car as well (even if the car is already unlocked). Don't forget the cable...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad to hear it worked. When finished the charge, stop the charge on the car first (UVO or dash) and then you can disconnect - you may need to unlock the car to release the cable from the front of the car as well (even if the car is already unlocked). Don't forget the cable...
I kept muttering to myself "remember the cable, remember the cable" :LOL:

·
Registered
362 Posts
I plug the car connector first and then the pod point connector. I am not sure if the communication times out if you do it the other way. I normally stop the charge by unlocking car and removing the cable. @VCM How do you stop the charge from within the car (Dash)?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts