Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
State of the art 1958 and 2017
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, whilst we are in lockdown:(. Wife thinks till June:(. We did this in my Mk4 Mondeo a couple of years ago in March. 1100 odd miles:cool:. I wanted to take my Zoe but she said not enough room:confused:. Just wondering about the rapids in Eire and the B&B's who will let me charge up, 7KW or Granny:unsure:. Would be fun, I really enjoyed driving over there just before the season opened. The roads were like here during lockdown, a joy to drive on:love:. (Of course I'm only doing the weekly shop and Chemists for prescriptions, we are not lockdown breakers(y)). Not forgetting No Emissions!!

·
State of the art 1958 and 2017
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to email Ashford Castle to see what chargers they got now. Last time we were there they could only charge Teslas:(

·
Registered
21 Posts
FWIW Ireland has rapid chargers reasonably well distributed around the country. The main issue is that there is only one unit per charging location. Since fees have come in they have been less busy, but there were times where you could be queuing with a few other cars to charge. They’re in the process of adding more, but it’s gonna be a while.

Wouldn’t let that put you off though, if you’re travelling outside peak times and have time on your side you’ll be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts