Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone thinking of getting the new 330e.I had a lend of one for 24 hours and I must say I loved it.The economy seemed really good and the battery seems to get a decent range specially with me having the air con on and the heated seat.I charged it last nite to give it a good run today and I was quite impressed.anybody have one,like to tell me wat they are like in a day to day basis?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I owned a 330e for a couple of years. Very happy with it. Had one issue with the KLE charging unit failing and blowing out the house power, but I think that was an issue with the 2017 version of the KLE, there have been a few since then. Economy was really good. Hard to quantify in mpg as it coasts and uses regen whenever it can, but at least 50 mpg and performance as good as the 335d I had before. Don't consider electric only range as its a hybrid and will use the engine when needed, but overall it does much better mpg. In traffic on the motorway for example you are on electric all the time and not burning fuel.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I owned a 330e for a couple of years. Very happy with it. Had one issue with the KLE charging unit failing and blowing out the house power, but I think that was an issue with the 2017 version of the KLE, there have been a few since then. Economy was really good. Hard to quantify in mpg as it coasts and uses regen whenever it can, but at least 50 mpg and performance as good as the 335d I had before. Don't consider electric only range as its a hybrid and will use the engine when needed, but overall it does much better mpg. In traffic on the motorway for example you are on electric all the time and not burning fuel.
Thanks,yeah I noticed even when I had it in sport mode and gave it a bit of abuse the economy seemed pretty good like.Thats what draws me to it.its the best of both worlds.The electric car I have can really do a big run.And to be honest I love the comfort of the 3 series

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks,yeah I noticed even when I had it in sport mode and gave it a bit of abuse the economy seemed pretty good like.Thats what draws me to it.its the best of both worlds.The electric car I have can really do a big run.And to be honest I love the comfort of the 3 series
I don't know if you have made a decision or not, maybe I am too late, but anyway, I have one which I am driving since the end of November last year. So far I am OK with the car but maybe not overly excited. Perhaps I'd buy a Mercedes today after my experience so far. The driving economy and performance is good, that part I am happy with. I am not that sure about comfort, it is definitely not better than my Mazda 6, 2015 model had.

What I think is the biggest disaster is their service and support organization. I don't think this is Sweden specific, but I can be wrong. Anyway, it seems that there are a bunch of people sitting there and giving "support" with an attitude that the customer is always wrong. I had a few support questions so far, one is described here, and all have been resulted with the same sort of attitude. That is NOT what I was used to from Mazda, but maybe because I was a long time Mazda customer with several cars over the years and with their top model as my last. With the BMW brand, my model (330e, 2020) is pretty much at the bottom quarter of their model range, even if it has most of the bells and whistles I could select when I made my order. Also their Connected Drive web portal and app is a disaster compared to other brand. The server is often down and the support is crap, not to mention a very limited functionality and the extremely slow speed.

Another example... I collected the car on the 25th November, I drove home, had a cup of coffee and went out to the car to familiarize myself with it and to configure the way I wanted it. I sit in the car, push start and... WTF!!!! a warning message that I should immediately contact BMW to get my car serviced because the break fluid has not been changed since 2001 (or some other ridiculous year LONG before the first 330e was made). I called and the dealer said... "Oh you have bad luck. Some cars must get a new software update, so you must come in and we fix it." OK, new car, I had time and didn't mind to have to drive back same day again.... BUT... I thought they will just take it in immediately (FFS it's a car which I had for an hour and a half only!!!!) but no... They booked me in for a service the week after with a loaner, but never the less, didn't want to fix it while I was there, I had to come back, leave the car and come back again the day after... BAD... really bad. This is just a half an hour "we fix it while you wait" type of job in my world.

Another example... As of three days, I have a message on my iDrive display that I have been logged out from Connected Drive. This message pops up every time I start the car. I can drive and do everything, so I don't have to log in, but I guess there are some penalties if I don't log in. In any case, if I log in again, it seems fine, but next time I start the car the message pops up again. What's funny is that I can still contact my car from my phone or the web portal, so the car is on-line. I am looking forward to my next support contact... NOT... :mad:

So, if it continues this way, I'll never buy another BMW, that's for sure, and this one will be short lived as well. With this crappy support I'd be very nervous buying a more expensive one, higher up in their hierarchy, so if they want to win my heart they really have to proof that they are better than this.

Never the less, if you are OK with all that, the range and driving economy is good. I could borrow one over a weekend before I bought mine and could test it excessively. This was the main reason why I bought it. I thought the friendly attitude and excellent support would continue after delivery as well. Speaking of delivery... I was happy with the given delivery time as well. I think it was 7 weeks after contract, and I could actually follow my order from day 2, delivery took place on Monday the given week, no delays at all, which was very good. So not everything is negative experience, but if I could chose, I'd really would have preferred delayed delivery but zero issues and good service and support.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don’t have a G20, but I came from a F30 330e sold a year ago.
I average 60mpg roughly. My journey is mostly Motorway and A road with average speed no more than 40 due to traffic.
Electric only mileage is poor but so as most of the PHEV. Consider it as a performance car with better fuel economy would be the right mind. In my years of ownership almost everything run fine. At a point my front ABS sensor (driver side) went busted, call local BMW dealership for diagnostic. They can’t do Saturday or Sunday and weekday collect have me in queue for at least 2 weeks. Mine one was sport with some extra, it end up almost 8k more than the most basic version. Overall, it is a great fun and sporty car,and I found it quite comfortable as well. A well balance of fun and comfort.
I have a colleague driving a G20 320d, interior is so much upgrade compare to mine.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just some feedback, if anyone is interested. I logged in and after that it was fine again. It seems that many other manufacturers suffer from lack of proper IT knowledge, and even far more serious issues than I have ever experienced with BMW. So I rest my case, but they really must do something about giving PROFESSIONAL support, not just sweet talking young people, employed for their beauty, not for their knowledge.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if you have made a decision or not, maybe I am too late, but anyway, I have one which I am driving since the end of November last year. So far I am OK with the car but maybe not overly excited. Perhaps I'd buy a Mercedes today after my experience so far. The driving economy and performance is good, that part I am happy with. I am not that sure about comfort, it is definitely not better than my Mazda 6, 2015 model had.

What I think is the biggest disaster is their service and support organization. I don't think this is Sweden specific, but I can be wrong. Anyway, it seems that there are a bunch of people sitting there and giving "support" with an attitude that the customer is always wrong. I had a few support questions so far, one is described here, and all have been resulted with the same sort of attitude. That is NOT what I was used to from Mazda, but maybe because I was a long time Mazda customer with several cars over the years and with their top model as my last. With the BMW brand, my model (330e, 2020) is pretty much at the bottom quarter of their model range, even if it has most of the bells and whistles I could select when I made my order. Also their Connected Drive web portal and app is a disaster compared to other brand. The server is often down and the support is crap, not to mention a very limited functionality and the extremely slow speed.

Another example... I collected the car on the 25th November, I drove home, had a cup of coffee and went out to the car to familiarize myself with it and to configure the way I wanted it. I sit in the car, push start and... WTF!!!! a warning message that I should immediately contact BMW to get my car serviced because the break fluid has not been changed since 2001 (or some other ridiculous year LONG before the first 330e was made). I called and the dealer said... "Oh you have bad luck. Some cars must get a new software update, so you must come in and we fix it." OK, new car, I had time and didn't mind to have to drive back same day again.... BUT... I thought they will just take it in immediately (FFS it's a car which I had for an hour and a half only!!!!) but no... They booked me in for a service the week after with a loaner, but never the less, didn't want to fix it while I was there, I had to come back, leave the car and come back again the day after... BAD... really bad. This is just a half an hour "we fix it while you wait" type of job in my world.

Another example... As of three days, I have a message on my iDrive display that I have been logged out from Connected Drive. This message pops up every time I start the car. I can drive and do everything, so I don't have to log in, but I guess there are some penalties if I don't log in. In any case, if I log in again, it seems fine, but next time I start the car the message pops up again. What's funny is that I can still contact my car from my phone or the web portal, so the car is on-line. I am looking forward to my next support contact... NOT... :mad:

So, if it continues this way, I'll never buy another BMW, that's for sure, and this one will be short lived as well. With this crappy support I'd be very nervous buying a more expensive one, higher up in their hierarchy, so if they want to win my heart they really have to proof that they are better than this.

Never the less, if you are OK with all that, the range and driving economy is good. I could borrow one over a weekend before I bought mine and could test it excessively. This was the main reason why I bought it. I thought the friendly attitude and excellent support would continue after delivery as well. Speaking of delivery... I was happy with the given delivery time as well. I think it was 7 weeks after contract, and I could actually follow my order from day 2, delivery took place on Monday the given week, no delays at all, which was very good. So not everything is negative experience, but if I could chose, I'd really would have preferred delayed delivery but zero issues and good service and support.
Well I haven’t ordered yet.i would be pretty pissed if I had those issues.i was offered a 530d was really nice but I think the hybrid is far better overall.The reason I haven’t ordered yet.Theres word that the car tax is changing.i would wanna pay higher wen I could be paying less

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would not consider the 530d mainly because I can't imagine myself drivning a diesel car at all. Never. If I would buy a car today I would look at and test the Mercedes A250e PHEV and would buy that or the BMW 330e. The BMW is a good car even if I have some things I am not happy about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts