Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are thinking of selling our beloved Ampera and getting an eGolf. Now the golf is 'obsolete' dealers are shifting stock and there are some bargains for both pre-reg, demonstrators and a few unregistered cars. The question is, should we? I am sure this question has been posed many times and I apologise if I am repeating old threads, but any advice, guidance etc would be greatly appreciated.

In particular, are there any extras, options, packs, bolt-ons over and about the bog standard build that we should consider?

Thanks folks!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
It really depends on how you plan to use it on a daily basis as to whether options like the heat pump etc would be worthwhile.

I went from an Ampera to an eGolf in November, and typically commute anywhere between 50-100miles a day. At the time there was a good selection of different specs out there and I managed to pick up an ex-demo one with 1k on the clock, winter pack, 17in wheels and Active Info Display for a good price.

The heated seats with the winter pack was a must as I'd gotten used to them on the Amp for squeezing as much range out the battery as possible without relying on the heater. The nice thing with the eGolf is that it seems far less prone to steaming up in winter!

·
Registered
301 Posts
They were certainly trying to shift stock last November when we bought ours. Like Andy K, we got a fully kitted demo car for good money. 3k on the clock, winter pack, 17 inch wheels, full leather, ambient lighting blah, blah, blah.

Mind you, we did go onto Carwow and had offers from dealerships for new cars, the best being £23,838, don't know what the spec was, but there you go.

And what a great car to drive, but we've always liked Golfs, so we might be biased ?

·
Registered
764 Posts
For me after testing a totally basic e-Golf (which had nothing fitted as extra) my Must have's where
  • Keyless entry (my last EV had it as standard) I hated having to put a key in the slot and turn it and then .......... nothing...... lol... no engine rumble, also wife didn't want to spend 30 mins hoking through her handbag for a key every time she was using the car
  • HeatPump (my last Ev had it as standard)
After searching the DAS WELT AUTO for weeks I finally came across a car with our pre-requisites from list above. And the Below list included

Our car was an Ex-Demo with 2k on the clock( £3500 of options added)
  • Digital dash clocks
  • LED headlights with AUTO dip
  • Adaptive cornering
  • Tinted Windows
  • Reversing camera
  • Indium Grey Met paint
I was a little worried about not having the Winter Pack - but in reality because the golf has almost double the range my previous EV had I can simply have the heat at 24-25 and be comfy and the range of the car only drop 3-5 miles for full charge. because the car is pre-heated in the mornings and pre-heated before leaving work I find I dont need the winter pack

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
As above, if your planning to buy and not lease then a heatpump is worth having as it will make the care easier to sell when the time comes, same for the winter pack and active display.

·
Registered
125 Posts
always been a sucker for Golf .. so really biased ..

sugestion : just jump and do it :)

must have options : winter packet, ACC,line-assist (I missed this one:( )

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
512 Posts
I too am thinking of going from my GTE into an eGolf and for me a winter pack would be a must along with ACC, Keyless entry and start would be nice but not essential as I don't have it on my GTE and it is not an issue for me. It is really just my weekend car as I unfortunately drive dirty diesel van for work during the week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts