Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
2quidforhalfanhour
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
As per title thinking seriously about buying the above
Not bothered about colour, exclusive would be nice but would take an excite if cheap enough.
My questions as follows...
I know there is a revamped one on horizon, most probably with 60 battery, now I'm not too fussed as I don't need the extra range, how do folks think this may impact on 2 Nd hand values of current ones?
They seem cheap to me (local dealer offering brand new exclusives for 21k) - but has anyone done better recently or managed to get a service pack or whatever thrown in to deal?
Apart from lack of times charging (which doesn't bother me as i will just plug in at work twice a week), what should I be aware of with these- a quick search doesn't show up many problems which is more than can be said for certain other makes atm).
I had a Zoe which I loved but the cheapest new 50 is a few 000 more, and I rather like the thought of a higher seating position.
Thoughts anyone??

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,936 Posts
Be aware that you don't get a type 2 cable. Unless you can scare the dealer into getting one. Also beware of the promises made. I was promised a cable but didn't get one.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,097 Posts
Its distant horizon. Don't worry about it.

Yes it will affect value of the existing car, but if you worry about that you'd never buy a new car because it will happen with every car when its replacement comes along.

Haggle away and see what you can get. I managed to get a Type 2 charging cable, that I would say is the minimum you should try to get, unless your trading in your Zoe (if they won't budget tell them your keeping the type 2 cable).

As for problems, not much really. I've had zero issues in 8000miles. In the Zoe within weeks of buying it in 2015 I had 12v issues, then a fried TCU, dodgy heater etc. And I thought the Zoe was a good car, the MG has been excellent.

In my opinion you should definitely stretch to the exclusive. The big glass roof is brilliant in summer. In winter I've kept the blind closed and I don't find it colder than the Zoe roof. Thick glass is obviously pretty well insulating plus the blind adds a buffer. The Pleather seats can be cold but the exclusive has heated seats, the Excite doesn't so you'll warm up quick. The heater on the MG is amazing compared to the Zoe.

Reactions: Jake53

·
2quidforhalfanhour
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.
I haven't had the Zoe for a couple of years, back to a lovely mazda2 ice due to cost, but hankering for electric again and the price of zs has piqued my interest.
7 year entire vehicle warranty is reassuring too, and I note they have even extended this to existing vehicles which to me seems extremely generous and pretty much unheard of.
Yeah the exclusive does seem to be the one to have.
TBh I'd be surprised if the facelift 60 is anywhere near the price the are now so I actually think depreciation won't be too horrific.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,936 Posts
As for problems, not much really. I've had zero issues in 8000 miles. In the Zoe within weeks of buying it in 2015 I had 12v issues, then a fried TCU, dodgy heater etc. And I thought the Zoe was a good car, the MG has been excellent.
I agree totally with @Sandy here. I had myriad problems with the Zoe, so much that I had around £1500 in compensation. The MG is a lot more comfortable. Vision is a lot better all round. Heated seats a great boon.

·
2quidforhalfanhour
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm pretty much sold tbh, and thanks for replies.
Might have a trip to dealer (it's a new one in Leeds that used to have mitsubishi I think) so nice and local.
See how much arm twisting I can do.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm pretty much sold tbh, and thanks for replies.
Might have a trip to dealer (it's a new one in Leeds that used to have mitsubishi I think) so nice and local.
I assume that’s Luscombes in Leeds - they get a really good review from folk who have used them and their owners are active on various MG owners Facebook groups, seem knowledgeable and helpful.

I wouldn’t hold your breath for too much more discount / incentive on the already huge discounts available, mind.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I have a blue Excite 3000 miles in 3 months can't fault it, satnav not the best, very comfortable ride, good space, go for it.

·
2quidforhalfanhour
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Luscombes look to have the facelifted zs in petrol form for a similar price to the ev.
You'd be hard pressed to notice much difference so would seem the ev variant when it arrives will probably just have a bigger battery and a few minor tweaks for more money, so that bodes well for prices of current one going forward.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
The petrol is dire, by the way - don’t be tempted! EV is excellent. Sat nav issues are easily avoided with CarPlay.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I’m not sure how far they can depreciate when they only cost a tenner to buy 😆

·
Registered
i3 94AH
14 Posts
If range isn't a problem to you then at current prices of an Exclusive ZS you won't get better value for money for such a huge spec. If range is a problem at significantly more than 100 miles even in Winter then I ask why? The ZS is a great car go for it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
My local dealer (Portsmouth) threw in a Type2 cable before I could even ask for it. They'd sold a lot and had to get more cars allocated so I presume by the time I got there they knew the score. In addition I suspect most of their buyers knew a fair bit about the car as there was no hard sell. In my case I just cycled over - it's not even 5 miles away - as I needed some exercise and got a test drive there and then. I didn't know how to start the car (!) and I'd never driven an automatic before or a car with such torque so I was a little bit worried. The decision to buy on my part was pretty quick. I sold my own 2009 banger as a private sale so no PX and then managed to get first years' service free as the car wasn't ready when I went to pick it up.

Easy sale for them and an easy sale for me. Just waiting for better weather and lifting of Covid restrictions to actually do some mileage!

·
Registered
2018 BMW 330E Msport (returned) MG ZS EV currently
15 Posts
That's the one. Been around for Suzuki for years and seem to have good reputation.
I got my ZS EV from Luscombes on the 30th November, Fazz the sales manager was great, Sam Luscombe is very active on Facebook. Can’t complain with the e2e service I got from them, brilliant from start to finish. No pushy sales tactics, great prices and on the morning of collection Fazz sent me a WhatsApp handover video which was nice.
give them a try, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
As for the car, I love it

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Lol but the new 1.0 turbo exclusive is being advertised at nearly 20k!!😱😱😱
My local dealer offered me a pre-reg for £14k two weeks ago 😆

·
2quidforhalfanhour
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all replies, most helpful.
Vic Young up north a bit have some brand new exclusives with metallic paint (although I do quite like it in white) for 20500 so will use that as a starting point, see where we get to.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts