Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Didn’t you hear? Tesla are going bankwupt. They can barely give the cars away.
Well... I did hear they have some serious financial problems, so you never know.
They have also had VERY serious delivery issues, the M3 took FOREVER to deliver, and I believe even today the waiting is painfully long.
I have also seen that ugly truck...

Or did you miss those parts?
Meanwhile I’ll go back to driving my ZOE Supercar every day. Just so I can look down on people.
Yes... and while you do that, work a bit with your attitude as well.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well... I did hear they have some serious financial problems, so you never know.
They have also had VERY serious delivery issues, the M3 took FOREVER to deliver, and I believe even today the waiting is painfully long.

What financial problems? You realise that they have $8bn of cash after the capital raise at record high share prices?
"had" being the operating word on any delivery delays. That ugly truck (in your opinion) has got several hundred thousand preorders.

·
Registered
12,869 Posts

One day they will learn to be a proper car company and deliver on time.

Not like all the other OEMs who have no trouble making millions of EVs a year.

I’m going to sell my Model X as soon as I can and get a Porsche for double the money. Maybe you would give me £100 for it? I doubt it’s worth that much.

Anyway, at least I can cruise about with my head held high in my ZOE Supercar.

At the school gates I burnt off a Bentayga. He was parked up, but then he gave me the look that said “I don’t even want to embarrass myself in a drag race”.

Finally some of the yummy mummies might talk to me now I’m driving a real man’s EV.

·
Registered
12,869 Posts
What financial problems? You realise that they have $8bn of cash after the capital raise at record high share prices?
"had" being the operating word on any delivery delays. That ugly truck (in your opinion) has got several hundred thousand preorders.
Spoken like a true fanboi. Tesla will go bankwupt and then the only car company left will be Ford.

We’ll all be driving the Mustang Mach-E by next Christmas.

$8Bn won’t get you many Taycans these days...

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Ordered mine end December, picking it up on Tuesday! 👍

·
Registered
157 Posts
Cheaper than that e-tron? Show me where. We seem to be dancing around the fact the bigger, plusher, pricier, better appointed Audi is a hugely compelling proposition for any prospective EV owner with a Model 3 budget willing to trade supercharger access and on-trend faux green cred for fit, finish and features.

Perhaps these deals come up from time to time? You know, like the one you had.
Audi looks expensive considering its only got enough range to do the school run.
Fit and Finish will be good, granted, but no ones buying them there are 130 odd on Autotrader.
It's a bodged Q5, only built to offset the CO2 emissions of their ridiculous Q7 and Q8 school buses.

When Audi produces a proper EV, like Porsche have the Taycan, I might have another look.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance 2019
85 Posts
Thank heavens there are lots of cars to choose from and that there usually is something to satisfy everyone. I too hope there are more car-shaped EVs (not SUVs) to choose from in future.

·
Well-Loved Member
983 Posts
Audi looks expensive considering its only got enough range to do the school run.
Fit and Finish will be good, granted, but no ones buying them there are 130 odd on Autotrader.
It's a bodged Q5, only built to offset the CO2 emissions of their ridiculous Q7 and Q8 school buses.

When Audi produces a proper EV, like Porsche have the Taycan, I might have another look.
Best-selling car in Norway for £300 on 9+23. Even if everything you say is true, who the f. cares.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Love this thread and it can be summed up very simply:

Man buys Tesla, doesn't like it and tries to sell it. Other man buys Tesla, loves it and keeps it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I test drove I-Pace, Model S and Model 3. The Etron did not make my shortlist for some of the reasons stated above and the fact that it is so heavy and inefficient. I ordered the M3. Very easy decision for me based on the test drives and the performance, range and efficiency figures.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts