Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
My EV history, such as it is, was an i3 60Ah Rex, a Golf GTE and now the e-Golf. With about 150k miles between them, I’ve had no serious problems, nor anything that was even just annoying.

Maybe I was just lucky, maybe I’m a bit more easy going nowadays, but there is a self selecting sample effect going on with Internet forum car problem reports, far fewer people gush about how fantastic their car is after the initial excitement of delivery.

My wife is replacing her car this September, she’s put a M3 and a Kona on the shortlist mainly because I keep banging on about electric cars probably, but there are some ICE on the list too.

If I follow the lead of some on here, then I’d better be prepared to divorce her quickly should she not like the Tesla...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Sellcar. They beat the price of WBAC and the others, and also collect. There initial offer was high, but they soon revised it down. You have to haggle hard. They were quick and thorough, came to me, and the money was in the bank instantly. I think it all depends on whether they have a trade buyer lined up. It's now on Autotrader with a company called Portland for silly money (like most of them!). I did consider putting an ad on Autotrader myself, and on here, but decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sellcar. They beat the price of WBAC and the others, and also collect. There initial offer was high, but they soon revised it down. You have to haggle hard. They were quick and thorough, came to me, and the money was in the bank instantly. I think it all depends on whether they have a trade buyer lined up. It's now on Autotrader with a company called Portland for silly money (like most of them!). I did consider putting an ad on Autotrader myself, and on here, but decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
I will have a look today, see how much money I would lose. ?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Might put it up for sale on here first. SR+ 3000 miles anyone??
Do tell, how much ?

Do like model 3 in white

Will I have to smash my piggy bank ?

Hope it's not more than new one or same price, so many people trying that.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Ahem, why are you thinking of selling @NeilO ? We really miss ours, but feel it was the right thing to do - for us.
I think if you are fair with your price you may find a buyer on here or Auto trader.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don't get me wrong the car is amazing I just don't feel the love for it. Wife absolutely loves the thing but I'm unsure. Don't seem to be able to get comfortable driving it. I've seen the pricess on autotrader, there ridiculous. Wouldn't be for that price.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Don't get me wrong the car is amazing I just don't feel the love for it. Wife absolutely loves the thing but I'm unsure. Don't seem to be able to get comfortable driving it. I've seen the pricess on autotrader, there ridiculous. Wouldn't be for that price.
I'm genuinely interested.

Have you taken any pics as the car currently sits?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Ahem, why are you thinking of selling @NeilO ? We really miss ours, but feel it was the right thing to do - for us.
I think if you are fair with your price you may find a buyer on here or Auto trader.
May I ask why you choose sell yours

Sorry for asking stupid question.read the whole thread.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Haha, turning into a dating thread now, let us know if you get on....!!! and good luck!
I agree with @NeilO - I fell out of love with it, but my wife absolutely loved it - her dream car - beware the recriminations if you sell!! For me a lot of minor issues and disappointments added up to real disenchantment. (car, not the wife...). Along with doubts about residual value in a couple of years and lack of Tesla local support etc.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Same sort of situation, had a couple of niggles but ended up sorting them myself. It's like really being in love with a girl for years then you finally get together, but then you realise it's probably not going to work ??

·
Registered
172 Posts
When you sold your car to Sellcar, did you have any outstanding finance, would they settle outstanding finance and give you the rest, if any ?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
When you sold your car to Sellcar, did you have any outstanding finance, would they settle outstanding finance and give you the rest, if any ?
No finance, but I think they can settle it for you. Worth asking the question directly.

101 - 119 of 119 Posts