Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
772 Posts
I feel like it's worth pointing out this section of the manual, which was somewhat glossed over in that particular thread. I'm 99% certain your insurance would be invalidated if you attached anything to the roof, beside the fact that it could well damage the car. I did notice the other day when it was raining that the roof does sound very thin and tinny in comparison to other cars I've had. Not a complaint, just an observation, it doesn't matter for normal use of course.

For technical reasons, the bodywork of the vehicle is not designed for fixing a roof carrier.
The vehicle is not approved for use with a roof carrier. No roof carrier may be used or retrofitted.

WARNING
If a roof carrier is installed on a vehicle which is not approved for use with a roof carrier, it may cause accidents or injuries.
  • Never fit a roof luggage carrier to the vehicle.
  • A roof carrier that is fitted nevertheless may become loose whilst the vehicle is in motion and fall from the vehicle roof.

NOTICE
Securing any kind of roof carrier can cause considerable damage to the vehicle.

· Registered
772 Posts
I don’t see why a properly designed and fitted roof rack system wouldn’t be in the same camp.
Other than the fact that is very very specifically called out in the manual with italics and bold fonts, and the words "Securing any kind of roof carrier can cause considerable damage to the vehicle"?

I'm more likely to take note of the manufacturers instructions for something like this than an assumption that I could fit a roof rack on my other cars, so why not this one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.