Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
995 Posts
I tried to be clever and set up autocharge today.

If the St James chargers are still on FV, which they appear to be according to ZapMap, then they aren't if you go via autocharge! Only found out when I ended the charge. No complaints though: fast, painless charge, as always.
Which charger did you try? 1 and 4 appeared to be paid. 2 and 3 were still free last time I was there. I think free vend is about to end as the same happened at Sunderland where they gradually switched over to paid mode one by one.

Interestingly just to the left of the Fastned chargers, going along the side of the building there is a dual 22kW AC post that I noticed last night. It's branded ICU but I can't find any further information about it. I'm going to head back over in the Zoe with my stack of RFID Cards later and see if I can make use of that. Could be a cheaper option for charging when not in a rush depending on if any of my cards or fobs will activate it.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The little charger on the left has been there for years, sometimes the uni use it to charge their EVs so it might belong to them, there is a chance it's just free vend I guess.

Also I walk past this hub every day and it's not being abused half as much as I expected.

I should also add since I only live in Summerhill I've never used it once.

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
995 Posts
The little charger on the left has been there for years, sometimes the uni use it to charge their EVs so it might belong to them, there is a chance it's just free vend I guess.

Also I walk past this hub every day and it's not being abused half as much as I expected.

I should also add since I only live in Summerhill I've never used it once.
Ah I didn't realise it had been there for so long. It looked in really good condition so I assumed it was a new thing, especially since I had never noticed it when plugging in there in the past. Never really had the need to walk or drive along that road before Fastned install was finished so my knowledge of the street is limited.

PS - I Notice your Evezy signature. You don't happen to have a white Zoe from them do you? I had a slightly embarassing experience the other day with one and trying to work out if it's anyone on these forums:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
PS - I Notice your Evezy signature. You don't happen to have a white Zoe from them do you? I had a slightly embarassing experience the other day with one and trying to work out if it's anyone on these forums:
Ha, yes, if it was parked near Dean St / Quayside then probably 🤣

There are a few of the white Zoes around in town.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts