Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
610 Posts
As I posted in the Ionity thread, the site at Alnwick is taking shape. 4 chargers in, looks like another 2 bays. Still closed off and awaiting surfacing, but looks like not too long now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
As I posted in the Ionity thread, the site at Alnwick is taking shape. 4 chargers in, looks like another 2 bays. Still closed off and awaiting surfacing, but looks like not too long now.

👍🏻 I noticed there was six on the planning a few days ago.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
610 Posts
Fastned at Kingston Park looks not far off. 2 chargers in, but still fenced off. I can’t tell if they are 50kW or 175kW.

Looks like on each concrete plinth there’s fixings for another charger, but maybe that’s for the future?

Reactions: CMc1234

·
Registered
94 Posts
New rapid (still under covers) has appeared at Blyth beach car park. not sure of type- assuming it’ll be like the other Northumberland 50 kW chargers.

Notice/sign there saying the 4x 22 kW posts will start charging 35p / kWh from 1st April. Was free today (just plugged in and charged up without apps etc). 2 other EVs there too and charging free of charge.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
610 Posts
can’t tell if they are 50kW or 175kW.
On second thoughts, they look like triple-headers, so presumably 50kW. I don't think the ultra-rapids have AC? They certainly don't in Wellington St.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,654 Posts
Fastned at Kingston Park looks not far off. 2 chargers in, but still fenced off. I can’t tell if they are 50kW or 175kW.

Looks like on each concrete plinth there’s fixings for another charger, but maybe that’s for the future?

View attachment 143169
Exact same as Washington then. 2 Chargers with the provision for a further 2. They are the usual ABB Terra 53's so 50kW.

Notice/sign there saying the 4x 22 kW posts will start charging 35p / kWh from 1st April. Was free today (just plugged in and charged up without apps etc). 2 other EVs there too and charging free of charge.
They are on Rolec's EVCharge.online network. Some are already networked and billing for usage, a few are still on free vend while they sort things out. It's a flat rate of 35p/kWh in Northumberland regardless of if you are using AC posts or a DC rapid charger.

I'm still yet to get any sort of reply from the council with more information.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,654 Posts
Nothing to report from my side. All the councils have gone quiet and stopped responding for now.

One thing I have noticed though, interestingly the Fastned chargers at Washington have had their credit card terminals removed for some reason. Has anyone been to the others recently and noticed if they are still fitted at other locations?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nothing to report from my side. All the councils have gone quiet and stopped responding for now.

One thing I have noticed though, interestingly the Fastned chargers at Washington have had their credit card terminals removed for some reason. Has anyone been to the others recently and noticed if they are still fitted at other locations?
Not sure if they’re fitted, but Folk on Zap-Map are reporting Newcastle location card terminals are not accepting cards. Maybe related?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Interesting! Heard nothing about it previously. Will swing by over weekend
Turns out I forgot there was going to be a “Gateshead” site and the Angle of North was it.
Now on PlugShare. Looks ready to open anytime, just needs lines painting. I’ve just swing by and car park was full, so might end up getting ICEd on weekends.

FastNed (Coming Soon)
3 West View, Low Eighton, Gateshead NE9 7UA, UK

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You
Unknown Location

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,116 Posts
Turns out I forgot there was going to be a “Gateshead” site and the Angle of North was it.
Now on PlugShare. Looks ready to open anytime, just needs lines painting. I’ve just swing by and car park was full, so might end up getting ICEd on weekends.

FastNed (Coming Soon)
3 West View, Low Eighton, Gateshead NE9 7UA, UK

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You
Unknown Location
Pics found

·
Registered
94 Posts
Card terminal has indeed been removed at FastNed Whitley bay location. Just confirmed they’re identical to the Gateshead units and the car reader is removed. You can see the old terminals on the PlugShare photos.

101 - 119 of 119 Posts