Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
This has come at just the right time! I have deliberately let my battery run down since getting the car 3 days ago, because today I have to go into town (Specsavers, actually - hope they don't say I have to stop driving :eek:) and will be parking in a car park with free chargers. Not that I'm mean or anything (!), but I want to try charging away from home. I was wondering that if you parked nose in, as I would probably have done, how much space there would be in front of the car to plug in. Good to know I can reverse in and still have enough cable. I'll probably try nose in first anyway.

Update: Went from 71% to 92% in a little over an hour and a half on the free 7 kW charger while I was shopping etc. (and Specsavers was fine!!), which I think is quite reasonable. I did park nose in, and there was bags of room. No messing around with cards or apps - just plugged in and it started charging.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This has come at just the right time! I have deliberately let my battery run down since getting the car 3 days ago, because today I have to go into town (Specsavers, actually - hope they don't say I have to stop driving :eek:) and will be parking in a car park with free chargers. Not that I'm mean or anything (!), but I want to try charging away from home. I was wondering that if you parked nose in, as I would probably have done, how much space there would be in front of the car to plug in. Good to know I can reverse in and still have enough cable. I'll probably try nose in first anyway.

Update: Went from 71% to 92% in a little over an hour and a half on the free 7 kW charger while I was shopping etc. (and Specsavers was fine!!), which I think is quite reasonable. I did park nose in, and there was bags of room. No messing around with cards or apps - just plugged in and it started charging.
That was you in Parkway on Sunday 15th then? I was the gunmetal leaf next to yours, if so :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorry no! On Sunday 15th I was driving back from Nottinghamshire after an enjoyable family get-together.
(Actually I have charged twice at Parkway - both times on the leftmost charge point, and nose-in!)
Ah there was a white one to the left of mine on the 15th when I got back to the car. Had parked and charged there on the way back from Marlborough and the kids wanted a KFC! Another time then perhaps?

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
Shame two of the Parkway chargers are broken. I was there yesterday in Ampera and got almost 2 hours at 3kW. Will do better when I have 7kW capable Zoe ;)

I will email them re getting broken ones fixed or replaced.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Shame two of the Parkway chargers are broken. I was there yesterday in Ampera and got almost 2 hours at 3kW. Will do better when I have 7kW capable Zoe ;)

I will email them re getting broken ones fixed or replaced.
If you have Zap Map (easy to check it out in your browser: www.zap-map.com) - in the comments section there is quite a longish post from someone who has done just that. Before I saw that, I had filled in Parkway management's online form and was completely ignored - obviously the wrong people to contact.

I think if you can plan to charge there, it can cover the cost of your parking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts