Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
The best there is at what I do
10,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is why they install bollards round chargers, must have made quite a mess of whatever hit it:

·
The best there is at what I do
10,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a lot of drivers out there that desperately need to go to Specsavers😲

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
635 Posts
I'm in two minds on whether that's HGV drivers oblivious to what they've just hit, or rabidly angry petrolheads trying to make a point!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Those ones in the first picture look like 100mm diameter hollow tube. At least they were buried. Rawlbolt fixings will just peel out when nudged even by a puny car. I don't know why all the fancy and expensive Rapids going in are protected by tiny posts. 200mm, 10mm walled tubes or even better, 250mm H section girders buried a couple of metres. They might not look as pretty as a stainless steel post, but try bending one of those.

I'm waiting to see a Rapid that is nudged over by a reversing 7.5T lorry that has an extended rear end. Just high enough to clear the bollards most Rapids are protected by.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
569 Posts
Quite agree. I can't fathom how there are people who are so bad at manouevring that they cant drive slowly up to a charger without ramming the bollard. They need to hand their license in.

In recent weeks I have been driving my wife to the supermarket at the weekend rather than her going during the week when I am working. Sad, I know, but it is pretty much the only valid reason I have for getting the car out at the moment.

I sit and have a coffee in the car while she does the shop (shop alone rules) and while generally people watching, find myself amazed at how so many people are so bad at parking a car. Must be why some manufacturers put the charger port on the nose, because if it's at the rear, I swear many people would really struggle to charge their car if, god forbid, they had to reverse into the bay.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family edition
106 Posts
How the hell do you forget the hose is in, when you have to hold it to fill up??!?
Not in the USA. Well the colder northern states at least, they have pumps you can pull the trigger and lock it on then jump back in the car to keep warm while your tank fills.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wonder how the little guard around the tesco podpoints would hold up, I'm sure some SUVs could go right over the top of it!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts