Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just seen this:

http://www.thechargingpoint.com/news/BM ... e-app.html

It makes me sad that Vauxhall have said the Ampera will not come with the OnStar App (due to Onstar only providing US coverage) or any equivalent App... I would really like an app to set charge times monitor charge state/fuel and set sat-nav destinations from my mobile devices. Something similar to the Nissan Carwings app would be ideal.

I understand that OnStar includes emergency assistance, navigation assistance and handsfree calling, in the US.. and as such has a monthly subscription which covers all of the mobile connection costs (via the mobile phone networks, which are cheaper in the US). And that this would be a large setup cost for Vauxhall for what would be just one vehicle.. In my opinion it would be un-necessary as all I would like is enough connectivity for the app (wifi range?) not the additional services.

P.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree it would be rather cool and useful to operate some of the car from the phone.

Also it would have been a great advert to be able to show people the "cool things" that my car does when I'm at work...

This does seem like a little "short sighted".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts