Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I picked up my new leaf on Monday but haven't been able to get carwings to connect to the data centre, either with my login details or to use the update charging stations option.
I took it back to the dealer they couldn't do it and said wait another day.
It still didn't work this morning so i rang the help line of nissan, and much more helpful than my local dealer [they are all smiles before you hand them your money and couldn't care a monkeys afterwards].
Anyway the person on the phone said the sim card hasn't woken up and they need to tell the carrier [vodafone in my case] to give the sim a kick in the pants.
So that's where I'm at waiting for nissan to contact me and say the sim has woken up and I can enter my login details.

Also I found a broken tie down strap that holds one of the orange cables to the side of the motor. It was flailing about and touching another component, if i hadn't seen it it might have eventually worn through.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
CarWings often seems to have problems not being set up correctly one way or another (or at least it's a fairly commonly reported issue). Hope it's sorted ASAP though.

Not heard of the engine strap/cable before though, have you spoken to the dealer about that?

·
Registered
991 Posts
More likely that the dealer hasn't activated the on-board SIM module. A common issue. If it is that, no amount of waiting for the SIM to wake up will help, it needs the dealer tho plug-in and activate it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still waiting on the call back from Nissan but the strap I told the dealer about and they said you can either bring it in or put a plastic zip tie on it. I've really got no trust in those guys so I've put a zip tie on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in a similar position re Carwings. I've booked mine into another dealership tomorrow to switch on the sim. Seems like this is a common issue by the sounds of it. Those of you who work in dealerships .....do you know if this is part of the checklist of pre delivery requisites?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Give the helpline a call via the carvings website.
All you need do is logon and click call then they call you back, it worked a treat for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Tech team have already tried to activate the sim and say the sim is showing as active at their end, but it looks like the dealer hasn't activated the necessary component in the car. It's still greyed out and it's going to the garage tomorrow.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great news, glad they sorted it. Is it me or is the carwings website down? I cannot get the app to login and the site times out on numerous tries.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts