Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick cautionary note: if your LEAF is plugged in and not at 100% charge, using timed climate will also continue the charge.

I had ours plugged in and scheduled to charge to just over 90% on the Agile overnight free / mini-plunge; and for the car to pre-heat for the 8am trip to work. Turns out it drew the full 6kW charging current during the climate phase also and took the battery up another couple of percentage points — would have been a few pence cheaper to charge to 100% overnight, as it only draws about 1kW to pre-heat with a full battery.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A good point and thanks for sharing it. Switched over to Agile last month. A very good move! Hardly paid much to charge the car at all, not that we're using it much either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Leaf e+
249 Posts
That's interesting... Had not noticed this before, but it's something I'll pay closer attention to the next time...

·
Registered
Two Nissan Leaf e+
251 Posts
Just a quick cautionary note: if your LEAF is plugged in and not at 100% charge, using timed climate will also continue the charge.

I had ours plugged in and scheduled to charge to just over 90% on the Agile overnight free / mini-plunge; and for the car to pre-heat for the 8am trip to work. Turns out it drew the full 6kW charging current during the climate phase also and took the battery up another couple of percentage points — would have been a few pence cheaper to charge to 100% overnight, as it only draws about 1kW to pre-heat with a full battery.
After reading this @Troon I took more notice of mine this morning. I timer-charged (in-car timer not smart meter) for four hours last night which took it to about 80%, with the cable left in overnight. This morning the pre-heat triggered the charger to come on again, but when I got in the car a couple of minutes after the pre-heat had finished, the charger had stopped and the battery read 81%.

So not what you experienced. Mine's a 62kwh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts