Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great rant from Piers Morgan.

Why are young people selfishly entering supermarkets during the hour reserved for elderly? Is it time to start arresting idiots, and maybe charge them with attempted murder?

·
Registered
ZOE GT Line R135 Z.E. 50 Rapid Charge, Mar '20
106 Posts
Society, and the media, are going to have to make up their bloody minds.

They lose their rag over the Police filming people driving 100s of miles to the peak district, and asking them to perhaps not do that, and on the other hand want people to go to prison for shopping.

Police NDM.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Those 'young people' might be Electricity Generating Engineers, TV transmission engineers, NHS workers, neighbours of elderly people, or forum administrators. No all 'young people' are yobs.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
That's Piers M at his best (read worst).
For him anyone younger than him is a yob. The last thing I would ever do is to take moral lessons from a knob.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The (allegedly) learned Judge who had so much to say about Derbyshire police accused them of "spoiling a beauty spot with black dye". In fact the body of water concerned is a derelict limestone quarry that has become flooded and over the years has been the cause of kids deciding it's a nice spot for a swim. I'd like to see it repurposed as a landfill site !

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The (allegedly) learned Judge who had so much to say about Derbyshire police accused them of "spoiling a beauty spot with black dye". In fact the body of water concerned is a derelict limestone quarry that has become flooded and over the years has been the cause of kids deciding it's a nice spot for a swim. I'd like to see it repurposed as a landfill site !
Cardigan Bay next?

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
It was still a beautiful spot, and for looking at as opposed to swimming in.

What next, dye all the sea next to picturesque beaches so people don’t feel tempted to go for a dip?

I can’t help but feel they could have spent the time taken to dye it (and Twitter about it) more constructively, like investigating some crimes for instance.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

What next, dye all the sea next to picturesque beaches so people don’t feel tempted to go for a dip?

I can’t help but feel they could have spent the time taken to dye it (and Twitter about it) more constructively, like investigating some crimes for instance.
I spent many happy days climbing in old quarries, and sunbathing at Markfield quarry, in Leicestershire, there is no need to fill them in or paint them black, nanny.

Edit: For previous poster..

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Isn't actually dye but an optical effect.
Usually those mines are deep and the ground dark enough to give that black look.
I don't know how contaminated the water would be, but if some idiots find it good enough for a swim I'm not the one to stop them, let nature do it's job and get them some skin problems...

If isn't contaminated even better and let people enjoy themselves, it would be a problem only if there were a crowd there.

What I think is the police point of view, and would be a valid one, is that if someone needs rescuing then there are resources being diverted to get some morons to safety while the rescue team could be doing some proper work.

·
Registered
399 Posts

Unfortunately with everyone at home and not driving about there is probably little crime for the Police to investigate, the poor criminals are out of a job with no shops open to rob and peoples houses occupied, what a shame :)

·
Registered
14,907 Posts
Unfortunately with everyone at home and not driving about there is probably little crime for the Police to investigate, the poor criminals are out of a job with no shops open to rob and peoples houses occupied, what a shame :)
Perfect conditions to plan a bank heist. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
Crime is surprisingly only about 20% down overall. Understandably, burglaries at domestic premises are down, but commercial/industrial ones are up.

Given that the majority of crimes are never actually investigated at all, you’d think the police would be glad of the headroom.

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,482 Posts
Isn't actually dye but an optical effect.
Usually those mines are deep and the ground dark enough to give that black look.
I don't know how contaminated the water would be, but if some idiots find it good enough for a swim I'm not the one to stop them, let nature do it's job and get them some skin problems...
It is a dye. The water is at bleach level of pH. It's been coloured before quite a few times as it's normally a blue that makes people want to swim in it.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
It is a dye. The water is at bleach level of pH. It's been coloured before quite a few times as it's normally a blue that makes people want to swim in it.

I know, I know.. :p
see my second post please :)

1 - 20 of 142 Posts