Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 years of trouble free ownership time has come to sell the Ampera, she鈥檚 on eBay if anyone is interested, it鈥檚 the one in the best colour - dark grey 馃槑. I can鈥檛 justify having 2 cars in the current climate and I鈥檝e wanted a convertible sports car for years (mid life crisis) so bought a gas guzzling SLK 350. I鈥檒l tell the new keeper about the forum so look out for them and be nice.

Registered
I'm going to be selling mine soon so I'm also curious to see what it goes for. Although I agree with Squasher - I don't know how I'd feel about eBaying a car. Ideally I'll sell it to family or a friend, so it doesn't go too far. I'll miss the little bugger.

Registered
After 3 years of trouble free ownership time has come to sell the Ampera, she鈥檚 on eBay if anyone is interested, it鈥檚 the one in the best colour - dark grey 馃槑. I can鈥檛 justify having 2 cars in the current climate and I鈥檝e wanted a convertible sports car for years (mid life crisis) so bought a gas guzzling SLK 350. I鈥檒l tell the new keeper about the forum so look out for them and be nice.
Hi sold mine as Lookers Birmingham did not have an Ampera fitter, they only had one and he left, nearest one was at Telford..

Registered
eBay really isn't the best place for getting top dollar on sales. (Little comfort to @Andy Briggs , sorry!) Good for a wide audience, high risk of time wasters.
Was it out of Voltec warranty, either over 100k miles or registered August 2012 or before? If so 拢6k for a 8 year old car is amazing value retention.
You do get time wasters and low offers on Ebay but sell it with a fixed price classified and haggle from that. Mine was out of warranty and an arguably low mileage but sold for over 拢8,000. There are people who will pay for a proper hybrid as the media is full of them now.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I was hoping for a bit more, there were 53 people watching, the guy that won it came to see the car first and put the only bid on, hey ho, you win some you loose some, it made my reserve so I鈥檓 reasonably happy. He鈥檚 already joined here, make him welcome, his names David.
thanks for all the great advice over the years 馃憤

Registered
I was hoping for a bit more, there were 53 people watching, the guy that won it came to see the car first and put the only bid on, hey ho, you win some you loose some, it made my reserve so I鈥檓 reasonably happy. He鈥檚 already joined here, make him welcome, his names David.
thanks for all the great advice over the years 馃憤
I thought the best way to do ebay auction for cars was to get a trade in price / We buy any car price, and set you starting bid 拢200 higher than that. If it sells you win, it it dont you trade it in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts