Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Yesterday I noticed that the time which is normally displayed in the middle at the bottom of the popup display had disappeared (first noticed when using the SatNav on a longish journey). I thought to take a picture of the display but forgot and the time reappeared later after a stop of some hours. Has this happened to anyone else?

The only thing I did to see if it made a difference was to switch the SatNav from "Google Earth" to "Traffic" as I'm also currently experiencing a problem with the car not recognising my valid data SIM and I though it might be that the display of the time was in some crazy way related to access to Google when using the Sat Nav (naturally it made no difference - except to remove the fuzzy image derived i think from the overall UK image in lieu of access to more detailed Google Maps).

Thanks for any thoughts, Stefan

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,

Here is a before (photo270) and after shot (photo271) of the most recent recurrence of this strange behaviour. The only thing I did in between was to switch off and restart (reboot?) the car (not recommended whilst driving). I also have further photos that show the earlier situation with the standard SatNav display (so it's not Google Maps-related).

Naturally the car doesn't do it on demand and neither is there any evidence of a fault in the logs...

Anyone else had this "feature" manifest itself thus?

Kind regards, Stefan

Photo0270 - Copy.jpg

And, hey presto, after a restart, the clock's back in the lower centre of the popup...

Photo0271 - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
You can see the time on the main dash display in photo 1.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, but you can't see it on the popup display which is where it is normally always displayed. This is the issue I'm raising here.

Just saying that I can see it on the main display doesn't help with why it disappears and whether this is a unique glitch to my car or something which occurs for other drivers; you'll also be aware that to have to choose to see the time on the main display when the popup display clock "disappears" rather hinders the use of the central display for other things such as detail for the Sat Nav (countdown to a junction etc.).

Kind regards, Stefan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts