Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I do a timed charge it always starts OK. However, on a Saturday night/Sunday morning charge the stop time is ignored and the car runs on until the battery is full. I suspect this is due to Renault servers doing maintenance or something similar.
This was not really a problem on my old Economy 7,tarif, but I have just changed to Octopus GO which has a shorter low rate period of 4 hours.
Does anybody else have this happening ?

·
Registered
446 Posts
When I do a timed charge it always starts OK. However, on a Saturday night/Sunday morning charge the stop time is ignored and the car runs on until the battery is full. I suspect this is due to Renault servers doing maintenance or something similar.
This was not really a problem on my old Economy 7,tarif, but I have just changed to Octopus GO which has a shorter low rate period of 4 hours.
Does anybody else have this happening ?
I started a charge overnight Monday(?) for a couple of hours and left it plugged in, not expecting it to charge again the next day (apparently it doesn't unless the car gets woken up between). However, the next day it started at the same time (I think) and charged until it was 100% - past the end time I'd set. When I looked at the car, the charge timer had set itself back to "immediate". It's never done that before. Maybe this is what happened to you?

I've also had issues getting a scheduled charge to start on a Sunday, which could also be related although I'm unsure if "Sunday" is actually relevant.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,157 Posts
Reminder - Anyone charging tonight will get 1 hour less charge than planned.
We enter British Summer Time at 2am Sunday.

·
Registered
68 Posts
When I looked at the car, the charge timer had set itself back to "immediate". It's never done that before. Maybe this is what happened to you?
Mine does that constantly. No idea why! It resets to immediate every time the car is switched off. It was unreliable enough that I've switched to using an Ohme cable instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts