Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had an exact re-run yesterday evening of a problem we had back in February or so with our ZE50.

Came back from a longer journey needing to use the full 5 hours of our Go Faster slot from 20:30 - 01:30. At 20:30 the car failed to start charging on the timed charger. Reset and re-tried at 20:45 and 21:00. Eventually had to just plug it in on immediate charge and let it fill to 100% as I wasn't prepared to sit up waiting on it getting to the 80% I needed for Monday.

The timed charging has worked pretty much flawlessly in between times and the only difference I'm aware of with the two occasions it's done this was that was set to end at 01:30.

Anyone else seeing this, or any idea what might be happening?

·
Registered
444 Posts
YES! It's not just me! The timed charging doesn't appear to work on Sundays - if you set it to come on after midnight (ie. Monday) it will work.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I set mine in the car display to start at 20.30 last night to top up from 89%, finished at 22.15 that worked ok.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I set mine in the car display to start at 20.30 last night to top up from 89%, finished at 22.15 that worked ok.
Yeah, that's my usual scenario on a Sunday evening and it's been working fine. But twice now I've set it to start at 20:30 and finish at 01:30 and it wouldn't even start. @electric_dreams post made me decide to try an experiment - a quick top-up at 20:30 this evening so I'm OK for tomorrow then see if I can kick off a second session after 00:00.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So a split charge worked. 20:30 to 21:30 then 01:00-01:30 on the second programme. Of course it wasn't Sunday night, so still don't know for sure if it will work when needed. It's been annoying that the couple of times I've needed the full 5 hours on Go Faster that the car has let me down and I've ended up paying peak rate, so fingers crossed for the next time, when I'll try a split charge.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So a split charge worked. 20:30 to 21:30 then 01:00-01:30 on the second programme. Of course it wasn't Sunday night, so still don't know for sure if it will work when needed. It's been annoying that the couple of times I've needed the full 5 hours on Go Faster that the car has let me down and I've ended up paying peak rate, so fingers crossed for the next time, when I'll try a split charge.
I had issues with the Sunday charges too, I just deleted everything and just set up a new schedule for every night between 00:30 to 04:30 (my Octopus cheaper rate) and that seems to work now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts