Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been enjoying my Leaf 40 for nearly 3 years and just love it. We have a Podpoint 7kwh charger and make use of our 24 panel Solar system during times of high generation. We intend moving energy supplier to Octopus next month and will probably go for the OctopusGo tariff which supplies electricity at 5p/kwh from 12:30 to 4:40am.
My question is this, I intend to set the charge timer on the car to charge between those times but wonder if I then want to charge during the day that I will loose the timer settings and have to continually reset the timed charger back to off peak night charge. I am 81 years of age and usually manage to cope with modern technology OK providing I have idiot proof instructions. I can follow Leaf booklet to set the timer OK but whether a day time charge will then cancel it is not clear. Does any one else use the OctopuGo tariff? Kind Regards, and Happy Christmas

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi there are two charge timers leave one at your go settings and alter the second
Happy Xmas to you

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Len, So I only have to adjust the off peak timed charge settings on the car once and it will not be cancelled if I charge via solar panels during the day? That sounds great.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just make sure the one timer you want to use is on and the one you are not using is off I do believe that number one timer takes prioroty if both are on

·
Registered
121 Posts
Is there not an override charge timer button on the 40 like there is on the 30? (First button below) - That's what I do, I have a charge timer set to only charge when the cheap rates kick in but I press that button when I want to charge in the day.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not sure i will have a look tomorrow just using one timer for Go and the other for other times seems easy for me
Cheers

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is there not an override charge timer button on the 40 like there is on the 30? (First button below) - That's what I do, I have a charge timer set to only charge when the cheap rates kick in but I press that button when I want to charge in the day.

That's it. That button overrides the timer settings in a 40. I used it a number of times when public charging to overridw the timer There is also a charge home setting too in the timer settings, I think.

Can you also set your charger to only charge during the cheaper hours? That's what I do. I control the charging via an app on my phone. Appreciate you may not have that option so the car timers may be the better solution.

40KWh Tekna, love it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just asked my wife (the driver) and she said that as she only charges at home she likes the two charge timers best. But yes the button option is there best used if stopping at recharge point. But you still must reset at the steering wheel.
Learn something every day.
Len

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's it. That button overrides the timer settings in a 40. I used it a number of times when public charging to overridw the timer There is also a charge home setting too in the timer settings, I think.

Can you also set your charger to only charge during the cheaper hours? That's what I do. I control the charging via an app on my phone. Appreciate you may not have that option so the car timers may be the better solution.

40KWh Tekna, love it!
I have a dumb charger (Although it's supposed to be smart) - a Pod Point solo, but there is an Ohme cable plugged into it that connects to Octopus' agile tariff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts