Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All,

6 months into my Soul and it is really great! Most range shown so far is 336miles! That was after around 10 days of slow driving averaging 5.2m/kw.

However I cannot find how to plug in and tell it to start at 12.30 and stop at 4.30am. Dont want to put leaving times etc....

Any help please??
J

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,764 Posts
It is tricky sometimes. So I would suggest that you use the app and set you schedule remotely.

You have the option to do it in the infotainment inside the car too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is tricky sometimes. So I would suggest that you use the app and set you schedule remotely.

You have the option to do it in the infotainment inside the car too.
Thanks. Far as I can see start etc but means I have to wake up at the right time!!

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,764 Posts
What do you mean? You can set the car to automatically charge at a given time?!?!

Are you looking at the "scheduled charging"? Login to the app, go to "Remote" tab and at the bottom you will find "scheduled charging". If you tap on it, it will first connect to the car and query for a schedule. Once the car responds, you will get to the schedule page.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul First Edition
3,126 Posts

Either set a departure time like 04:30 and let it add approx 28kWh (4 hours at 7kW), which is roughly 43%. Add that to the current SoC then set that figure in the limit charging to section.

Or get a wallbox that can deal with it like a Zappi or an Ohme. Or if you are any good at programming/electrics I have heard of people fitting a WiFi relay in their dumb wall boxes and telling Alexa to sort it out. I’ve not done this, and no idea what is involved. I use a Zappi.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Tick the scheduled charging box and set the times in there.
Actually find it easier to set charger and then don't run risk of forgetting to override if getting a top up at supermarket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks for replies. Basically I cant tell it to start and stop when I want, only departure time?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im having real issues with the timed charging on mine, set it all up correctly, some nights it charges, others it doesn't :(
Ive set the timer on the charger instead at the moment until I can get it looked at :(

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Im having real issues with the timed charging on mine, set it all up correctly, some nights it charges, others it doesn't :(
Ive set the timer on the charger instead at the moment until I can get it looked at :(
Mine is the same, charged timing probably works about 2/3 of times. No idea why.
I suppose i could experiment with my charger and do it from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts