Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

timed pod point fix

36K views 140 replies 27 participants last post by  Tandy0 
#1 ·
ok have used a wifi enabled relay on the low voltage side of the pod point that runs off its own app as well as Alexa it has been set to time two hours 15 mis after the car was left then four hours 20 mins after the car was left then the last test was a timer set at 0:30 to charge the car through the night till 07:00.
all of these tests have worked and as such I feel confident that I now have a working fix for the timed charge problem with the MG ?.
the total cost is around 10 pounds for the materials and the fitting time is two mins if anyone is interested I will try to set up a link here to a PowerPoint presentation
on how to do this there is no cutting or tinkering with the mains voltage as this works on the low voltage side ie. 12 volts.
this is at the moment one happy camper no need to stay up till 0:30 to plug in the charger and no more noise to upset the locals.

#20 ·
there is 12v relays that can be used and are able to be remote accessed I was looking at one that can be used by an app and Alexa this is the easiest fix as such. if you find one that works the same way please share if we can make this simpler the its all the better for everyone.

#31 ·
Unfair question, but of course they no doubt didn't say how this would work with units older than yours and whether it would potentially fully support time of use tariffs such as Agile. Still, it's a step forwards and thanks for sharing.(y)

#32 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.