Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had the Ampera 20 months now, I pulled into the local Waitrose tonight at @ 6:45 and by the EV posts, we have 2 twin polar (ex-source east) ones, a leaf was pulling in, an i3 was charging, a bmw330e was plugged in and I added the Ampera to the line up.

When I first had the Ampera, hardly ever saw another EV there, sometimes a leaf every other week, in the last 12 months the odd zoe, a leaf or 2, e-trons and i3's and once an i8 and the odd Tesla even an MX the other week, usually a maximum 2 at any one time. Never seen 4 together in the park.

Shows how over a short time in this area the EV population is ramping up.
Alan

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've noticed the change as well, 4 Leafs charging in Malvern last week and could not get onto a charger in Hereford on the weekend.

·
Super Moderator
11,347 Posts
It will be a few months before we have confirmation of what I sure has happened. 2017 LEAF outsold the previous 5 or 6 years of all pure EVs in the UK. 2017 is when Plug-in hybrids from BMW group took off.

Wait until next year when LEAF 40 and then LEAF 60 production ramps up. Next year when Hyundai start shipping the updated Ionic EV. Next year when JLR start selling the iPace. Next year when we get 150-250 mile cars that aren't hobbled by Renault and VW dealers. That is when everything changes.

2020-2021 is when EVERYTHING changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts