Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Been hiding in the background reading various posts on here about the Enyaq over the past couple of months. I finally put a deposit down on an Enyaq yesterday. I went for the Loft 80 with the 125KW charging, heat pump, basic family package in metallic grey with the extended 5 year warranty. Super excited for it to come although I will be waiting until the end of October! I just wondered if any current owners have any tips or advice from their experience of driving it in the real world? My previous car was a little i20 so this is different kind of car all together. I need to get a charging point installed at home so any recommendations on this would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea about the charging points and how to use them. Is it all app based? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Skoda Enyaq iV80 (2021)
81 Posts
Hi Boosh, congrats on your purchase. I've had my iV80 for a month now and am more than happy... just some niggles that you'll find in my various forum postings. I particularly like the intelligent regenerative braking, which means that if you take your foot off the throttle it'll automatically slow for roundabouts and if you get too close to the vehicle in front: if you have a satnav route planned, it'll also slow the car if the plan is to take a side road.
The dealer should be advising you on a wallbox - it'll be a 7kW one assuming you are on a 240v single phase supply, and I believe there are some grants available in the UK. Here in France, when I got my first electric car (Renault Zoe) I got a reduction on the wallbox cost from Renault plus a government tax concession. The wallbox also works just fine on the Enyaq.
Public charging stations are still a bit of a nightmare: there are none here where you can simply use a contactless credit card, and I think it's much the same in the UK. With the Enyaq 125kW that you have, you can get the Skoda/Elli Powerpass card which gives you a year of fast DC charging at about half price or less - super for the motorway stops. There are other deals available and here Powerpass is pretty limited in which stations you can stop at, but it's all changing quite fast. Powerpass is a bit of a mess at the moment, however...totally disorganised: but I guess they'll have it sorted by October.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts