Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suspect there isn't much of an easy answer to this but any tips are welcome.

I got my Zoe ZE 50 the other day, on.to. I do not have much in the way of nearby charge points and Polar comes with on.to.

Twice I have checked the zap map app and driven to and empty charging station, both about 2 miles from me - to find they're in use by time I get there.

I have some ubitricity lamp posts near me which I have managed to use today at extra cost to me, but also I was lucky to get the space. Most of the lamp post charging spots near me always have normal cars parked there.

Basically - what I am saying is - any tips of best times to charge etc so that I don't waste my time trying to get to an empty charger?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I suspect there isn't much of an easy answer to this but any tips are welcome.

I got my Zoe ZE 50 the other day, on.to. I do not have much in the way of nearby charge points and Polar comes with on.to.

Twice I have checked the zap map app and driven to and empty charging station, both about 2 miles from me - to find they're in use by time I get there.

I have some ubitricity lamp posts near me which I have managed to use today at extra cost to me, but also I was lucky to get the space. Most of the lamp post charging spots near me always have normal cars parked there.

Basically - what I am saying is - any tips of best times to charge etc so that I don't waste my time trying to get to an empty charger?
ZapMap should show live status on most chargers.

Does your Zoe have an option for Live charger status in the Nav? My Ioniq does.

Another option might be to use ABRP premium and use the built in turn-by-turn Nav. That will also update your route to give live status.

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,694 Posts
Whoever develops app that does live notifications will be onto a winner. I know someone wants to try booking system but don't think that would work. Queues are inevitable if networks don't keep up with demand.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Whoever develops app that does live notifications will be onto a winner. I know someone wants to try booking system but don't think that would work. Queues are inevitable if networks don't keep up with demand.
Hey UKTechie! What exactly do you mean as live notifications? Like notifications when a charger becomes free?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts