Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking at getting a TM3 SR+ next year. We already have EV’s and understand how speed affects leccy consumption.
Having heard stories that the TM3 can achieve 5 mile/kWh (in summer i assume) I wondered from owners on here, now we are in UK winter what is the average miles/kWh consumption on a steady motorway run at 60mph, 70mph and 90mph. The old rule of thumb was 1/2 the miles/kWh at 90mph vs 60mph.

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
472 Posts
My experience at 70 mph and 75 mph on same route. Very similar mileages. Leaving home at 4:00 am, car charged to 100% and battery warmed by the charging. SR+. 120 miles all on motorway going south to Gretna services. Temperature on three occasions always between 0 and -5c. Arrived with 120 miles completed and between 25 and 30 miles left on the Energy screen. Seemed very reliable to me. Little difference between cruising at 70 and 75 mph.

I know this doesn’t answer your question fully but hope it helps; it’s real world experience with a loaded car sometimes and an empty car on one occasion, in the cold, wet and some rain and snow. And plenty of hills!

·
Registered
126 Posts
At a steady state then yes I've seen from as low as 200 wh/mi at 20C. 260-280 wh/mi at 10C and as high as 300-320 wh/mi around freezing. That's at 70-75 mph as I don't go much faster these days unless I need to overtake something.

Wet, wind and battery temp will vary those figures. I find if I can charge for at least 20% @ 7kw before a journey then the consumption will initially start high but quickly come down to a steady state.

·
Registered
658 Posts
From what I've seen most of the charts show a drop in range from about 300 miles at 70mph to about 210 at 90mph for the LR. They're fairly linear graphs too.
I've noticed speed does not affect the range nearly as much as it does in my Leaf, the M3 is a much more slippery car.
The other thing that's worth noting is the speedo is a lot more accurate than other cars I've driven where at an indicated 70 they've been closer to 63 whereas my Tesla is nearer 68

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
Link below. All ranges are with no heating or cooling - ideal ambient. Reduce quite a bit in cold, wet or windy weather.

I just did 600 mile trip to Wales and Yorkshire and range wasn't great in our LR AWD despite not going over 70MPH and many 50MPH roadworks. M62 over Pennines didn't help. I will check trip data tomorrow.

Reactions: EarlyDays

·
Registered
126 Posts
At a steady state then yes I've seen from as low as 200 wh/mi at 20C. 260-280 wh/mi at 10C and as high as 300-320 wh/mi around freezing. That's at 70-75 mph as I don't go much faster these days unless I need to overtake something.

Wet, wind and battery temp will vary those figures. I find if I can charge for at least 20% @ 7kw before a journey then the consumption will initially start high but quickly come down to a steady state.
The same day I posted the above I drove to work but as I didn't need to charge the battery was cold. The consumption was high to start and eventually became settled at 300 wh/mi @ 70 mph. As the temp was 9C I would normally have expected 270-280 wh/mi but I had a lot of the regen limit pips for the whole journey due to a cold pack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts