Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
1st question :
I have been told by a Canadian Nissan dealer that the 2019 leaf 40kWh will have a battery 'Management Temperature System' for the SV and SL models.
Can someone confirm ?
And then is it a battery liquid cooling system ? or an active forced air cooling system + battery electric heater ?
2nd question :
Do someone know if the 2019 40kWh battery pack is still supplyed from AESC, or LG Chem as the 60kwh pack ?
Thanks for your help !

·
Registered
573 Posts
Well the sale of the Nissan AESC battery facility to the Chinese has now been cancelled as the GSR capitol have failed to stump up the cash. Does make you wonder how this affects the current and new models coming up in the next year or two, maybe the 40kWh will stick with AESC and be air cooled as a cheep mod.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Well the sale of the Nissan AESC battery facility to the Chinese has now been cancelled as the GSR capitol have failed to stump up the cash. Does make you wonder how this affects the current and new models coming up in the next year or two, maybe the 40kWh will stick with AESC and be air cooled as a cheep mod.
Interesting.

So Nissan still own it do they?.....

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I don't know who in the UK (this is mainly a UK forum) knows how SV and SL models map on to the names we use. We have Visia (lowest spec), then Acenta then top of the range Tekna. Somewhere between Acenta and Tekna there is something called the n-Connecta. Oh and there was a limited edition introductory model called the 2.ZERO which some of us have.

Interested to hear about the cancellation of the battery sale, which was the alleged reason for the aggressive charge throttling of the 40kWh. Is that breaking news? If so, I'm surprised it's not been splashed all over the forum.

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,714 Posts
Interested to hear about the cancellation of the battery sale, which was the alleged reason for the aggressive charge throttling of the 40kWh. Is that breaking news? If so, I'm surprised it's not been splashed all over the forum.
It was on the EV Daily podcast last night. Presumedly that now means Nissan will, having already got a battery contract in place with another supplier for the leaf60, have to keep making leaf40 to utilise the batterys Nissan now unexpectedly still have from their own facilities.

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
For sure there will be some head scratching going on inside Nissan now that they have a large unwanted battery factory. Perhaps the prospective new owners had already lined up a customer to take their product in volume and it could then be possible for Nissan AESC to offer to fulfil that order. Or it could be a chance to bring forward plans using the ePower drive train in more Nissan models. The eNote has proved to be incredibly popular in Japan and it's interesting to read very recently that a similar model could be brought to Europe. Could there be a connection there?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Having two supply chains, one for the 40kWh and one for the 60kWh would certainly help with any supply constraints, it could mean the start of aggressively discounting the 40kWh price to undercut the competition.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know who in the UK (this is mainly a UK forum) knows how SV and SL models map on to the names we use. We have Visia (lowest spec), then Acenta then top of the range Tekna. Somewhere between Acenta and Tekna there is something called the n-Connecta. Oh and there was a limited edition introductory model called the 2.ZERO which some of us have.

The Visia tirm does not exist anymore. Its Acenta, N-Connecta and Tekna.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It was on the EV Daily podcast last night. Presumedly that now means Nissan will, having already got a battery contract in place with another supplier for the leaf60, have to keep making leaf40 to utilise the batterys Nissan now unexpectedly still have from their own facilities.
Utilise them why not. They could market them as storage heaters! :D

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Oh great more substandard batteries that degrade quick for Leafs in the future.
That are guaranteed to keep at least 75% capacity for 8 years or 100,000 miles, just like the Leaf 30.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts