Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014, Vauxhall Ampera
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has just had a remap on his ICE and it got me thinking.

Is there a remap that will make the ICE on an Ampera more efficient? Can it be done?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,714 Posts
Nothing is a dumb question, most of us have probably thought about it but never asked. If you're on FB there is a group there called Chevy Volt DIY repair and modding group, you might be able to find some info there. The only downside is that's it's US biased so might be hard to get and goods at a reasonable price to the UK.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I understand the ice is run in a form of Atkinson-cycle to improve efficiency, it also, unlike engines that provide propulsion, runs at a few fixed speeds for which its optimised. This suggests there is little room for improvement.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Nothing is a dumb question, most of us have probably thought about it but never asked. If you're on FB there is a group there called Chevy Volt DIY repair and modding group, you might be able to find some info there. The only downside is that's it's US biased so might be hard to get and goods at a reasonable price to the UK.
Have they managed to crack "unlocking" access to the full 16kwh (or what remains of it) after 8 years /100k and out of Voltec warrenty?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,714 Posts
I'm sure I have read on the Volt forums of a place that has managed to release some additional capacity on the later gen 1 Volts, which I think would be the ultra-rare MY 14s. The downside is that they are in Canada. Someone has managed to integrate the ELR software into the Gen 1 Volt and, I think, they claimed to have increased acceleration a bit and also a wee bit more capacity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts