Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when listening to the radio, how do I turn it off? If I press the lower round button I loose my economy display, if I turn the economy display back on with the leaf button, I get the bloody radio again. I even looked in the manual but I couldn't see anything about turning/muting the radio. I probably missed it, I was skimming somewhat and apologies if its right in there next to a section headed 'How to turn the radio off'.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you want the leaf information on, you cannot turn the radio off, as the two systems are linked.
Just turn the volume down, that way you will still receive traffic information if selected.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Is that a difference between the posh radio and the plebs radio (i.e. Nat versus no Nav)? I don't think there's any link between the leaf display and the radio on the cheaper car, certainly I've used the leaf display without turning the radio on, and when it is on to mute the radio you just press the mute button (which on the no-nav version is distinct from the phone button).

If all else fails I guess you could put 4'33" as the only track on a USB stick...

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
The mute button on the steering wheel does th job or just turn the volume down, or goto HDD mode and press pause.
many ways yet no simple radio off option exists (yes it is daft! just like the external air selection on the climate!)

If I'd have designed it I'd have put an audio Source button in and had it cycle between Off-Radio-HDD-USB-Ipod

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Won't the pause button put the system into pause mode... i.e. allowing you to start from where you paused?

It is very silly not having a radio off capability. I just turn the volume down.

·
Premium Member
11,054 Posts
The pause does not work on DAB which is a shame.
I guess it does not work on sirus xm satellite radio in USA either?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts