Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had my ZE40 serviced the other day and now have lost TomTom Lives service or any other TT or R-Link services (eg can't update the catalogue on the R-Link store, no weather channel). The car is saying it's connected, data sharing on etc and my ZE & TT Live services are active on the R-Link store. Just wondering if anyone else is having any issues and it's just coincidence that I had the service (4th year, B) or if TT or the Renault services are indeed down. Oddly the app is saying that the last connection to the car was 6am yesterday morning which is after the service had taken place.

EDIT Just tried to launch the AC from the app and nothing happened so I think it might be lying to me about being connected!

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
580 Posts
Sounds like you need to pull the 10A fuse to the telecoms unit. I have to do it once or twice a year, last time was a week or so ago, identical symptoms to you.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,484 Posts
Check online in the rlink store and make sure nothing has expired as well. There's lots of different daft services that seem to be variable in lengths so once they expire they can take out quite a few features.

I used to have no end of bother with my R90 not finding the TomTom server. Rlink support never found out why. Quite often it would work for a week or so then just fail all the time. Then not work. Then I'd do the fuse pull and it would work for a bit again then it'd be back to failing. It was also mental at routing so it'd direct you into the tail end of traffic when it could be avoided totally or it would think it was all stopped and there was nothing there at all. It also did mad cross country zig zagging on certain journeys. It would be doing a sensible A road route and then it'd just want to dart down some side road that was about a gnat's width.

Had TomTom in the Corsa and it was completely fine. Never had an issue with it not working. I think it's a flaky Zoe thing.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had problems in the past with it not connecting, did the data sharing thing etc etc. But it's been fine for a couple of years now, no idea why it would suddenly revert unless something was done at the service to cause it. Odd that it's saying it's connected, usually it's because it hasn't connected. Thanks, have checked the Rlink store All my services are up to date although the ZE connections are due to be renewed next month.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
599 Posts
a couple of things to try - pull the 10amp fuse or press home button on the r-link 5 times to reboot it.
see if that work .

Here's the deal if you contact rlink customer support they want you to do things in this order to reset data connection:

a) On the R-Link's Main Menu, access Services
b) Tap on Settings
c) Select Data Sharing Settings
d) You will have four options: No / Help / Yes / Language
e) The first time, select No, and accept all subsequent prompts
f) Go back to the same screen as above and this time select Yes
g) Accept any prompts that might come up
h) Completely switch off the device, leave the vehicle and wait for a few
minutes. Afterwards, switch it back on.
i) Go to Menu > System > Status and Information > Network Status and see if it now shows Connected.

If you still cannot get it working as it was and have a OBD2 Adaptor and specially wired cable (to read rlink through the OBD2 socket) and can get internet on a windows 10 laptop in your car I might be able to take over your laptop remotely and see if i can see anything has (or they) might have disabled in your service.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Andy, I'll give the data sharing thing a go again - curiously the LIVE service came back about 10 miles into a journey this afternoon, all good. Left the car for a few hours, on restarting, gone again! Checking the app again and it's not updating from yesterday morning. Have another trip planned for tomorrow so will see how it goes. Don't have the ODB set up, but thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
599 Posts
Thanks Andy, I'll give the data sharing thing a go again - curiously the LIVE service came back about 10 miles into a journey this afternoon, all good. Left the car for a few hours, on restarting, gone again! Checking the app again and it's not updating from yesterday morning. Have another trip planned for tomorrow so will see how it goes. Don't have the ODB set up, but thanks for the offer.
That's ok. Do you know it could be a fault in the renault servers as well. Went out to my Zoe yesterday and it didn't have connectivity on mine too for a while.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could be, Andy. Didn't have any connection at all yesterday, did the R-link restart, car is still saying it's connected, but app not updating. I'll contact R-Link helpline... I can log into the Store OK but can't extend the two ZE services which expire in 3 weeks time, possibly something to do with the Brexit issue even though they are now free!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Happy to report that services have returned to normal without further intervention. No idea what's been going on but LIVE traffic returned yesterday and the app is now showing updated battery info and range. I contacted R-Link and they asked me to do the data sharing off/on thing, no joy, and were back in touch for software info which I hadn't set them yet. Thanks for everyone's help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts