Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'd like to start my post by asking, how many of you guys out there live in TMBC area please?
Lets team up !

I wonder what's wrong with Kent boroughs, but TMBC mostly.

There's virtually no support for local destination charging in Kent. Which, for a garden of England - is rather poor.
I am willing to put my head on the line and go as far as suing councils - if necessary - but I need headcount to back it up. Please let me do it!

Thanks, .

·
Registered
628 Posts
The people who would want to use chargers where you are, are likely to live 20 or 30 miles away from you.

I live in Redhill. :)

What specifically are you thinking of trying first?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The people who would want to use chargers where you are, are likely to live 20 or 30 miles away from you.

I live in Redhill. :)

What specifically are you thinking of trying first?
I want to write to local businesses to install chargers. Lidl, sainsbury, Waitrose - they all have chargers elsewhere - even in neighbouring boroughs.
The values and views of local councillors are sadly in opposition to reality and common sense.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Kent is just a Gateway for Polish Lorry drivers and people queuing on the M20 for the Channel Funnel
Surely no one lives there anymore let alone having time in their hectic lives to charge.

I never lived in Gillingham, Larkfield or West Malling (when the Regal was still there) and my Mother does not live in Maidstone honest ;)

I would have thought Kent being so close to Londinium it would have been smothered in Chargers but to cheer you up there are still a lot more more than in Wet Wales though

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree Kent needs locations where visitors can charge. Can anyone tell me if Great Hall Car Park in Tonbridge TN1 1QQ has a charging post which can be used by ev drivers who, like myself, do not pay for membership of networks such as Polar or Scource London?

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I grew up in Tunbridge and am old enough to remember when the municipality of Tonbridge was incongruously annexed by West Malling to create the Tonbridge and Malling abomination, with the offices of our new overlords situated in the middle of nowhere 10 miles away. It was as if Brighton had been taken over by Daleks from Crawley. It doesn't surprise me that their approach to EVs is less than enlightened.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I agree Kent needs locations where visitors can charge. Can anyone tell me if Great Hall Car Park in Tonbridge TN1 1QQ has a charging post which can be used by ev drivers who, like myself, do not pay for membership of networks such as Polar or Scource London?
It's on Charge your Car, and is £1.00 per charge. You don't need to pay for membership if you can make do with their mobile phone app / website to start and stop a charge. Normal parking charges apply.

·
Lettuce Leaf early to be sure of arriving on time.
904 Posts
Tunbridge Wells, I think. It's 10-odd miles from Tonbridge. I've used the other one in the Crescent Road multi-storey. CYC needed,

There's also a rapid at the local Nissan dealer: get an access code from reception.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sadly no... but I remember my father taking me to walk the path of the Sevenoaks Bypass before it was built!
I remember borrowing my Dad's Morris Oxford and getting it up to 100mph on the downhill stretch of the newly-opened Sevenoaks by pass, heading towards Tonbridge, not that the speedometer was especially easy to read. Ah, we seem to have wandered off down memory lane

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't live in Maidstone and West Malling is a bit of a desert, nice 7kw charging at quarry wood Aylesford but that is it.
And it is very well used as every time I have used it, there has always been something else charging, or had to wait.

@Tim Ostler
Do you remember TVS as well?
I have now escaped living in Maidstone, but TVS and it's studios at Grove Green were a large part of my childhood :D

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I remember borrowing my Dad's Morris Oxford and getting it up to 100mph on the downhill stretch of the newly-opened Sevenoaks by pass, heading towards Tonbridge, not that the speedometer was especially easy to read. Ah, we seem to have wandered off down memory lane
Just one further off-topic post: River Hill, which was parallel with the bypass and on the Sevenoaks Road being bypassed, was famous in our family as the only place where you could get up to 40mph on you bike, as indicated by my brother’s Lucia bike speedo..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts