·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the above title...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Posted on general charging forum a couple of days ago.. I might have put it in wrong place.
Just waiting to see who they appoint to take over my Tonik account and how much more expensive it will be

·
Waiting for C Class estate 350e...
38 Posts
Posted on general charging forum a couple of days ago.. I might have put it in wrong place.
Just waiting to see who they appoint to take over my Tonik account and how much more expensive it will be
Octopus have some great tariffs including agile which works out sort cheap for of peak charging. Also the best service I have ever had.

They also have a £100 offer at the moment using a referral link.

Check them out. I understand that Tonik is defaulting to BG

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'll have a look... but apparently you are meant to wait untill you are switched over to whoever they appoint and then once they have my credit from Tonik I can start process of moving to a cheaper tarrif with them or another supplier.. So weeks away I guess

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have a look... but apparently you are meant to wait untill you are switched over to whoever they appoint and then once they have my credit from Tonik I can start process of moving to a cheaper tarrif with them or another supplier.. So weeks away I guess
I am in a worse situation, I have been arguing with them for 18 months because they have my night and day tariffs the wrong way round. They can't figure out why I use more power at night than in the day even though I have 4kW of solar and two EV's that are charged over night.

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
462 Posts
This was triggered because Tonik were not meeting their renewable targets and so were hit by a rather sizeable fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good, honestly tonik were the worst company I've ever dealt with.

During the whole time I was with them they over estimated readings by 100s of kwh each month despite readings.

In the end I stopped paying them and eventually got a refund of about £500 after about 6 months of daily, yes daily calls!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I'll have a look... but apparently you are meant to wait until you are switched over to whoever they appoint and then once they have my credit from Tonik I can start process of moving to a cheaper tarrif with them or another supplier.. So weeks away I guess
"Meant to" : Yes ; "Obliged to" : not necessarily !

I switched to Bulb during a 'special offer period' when OneSelect failure was announced without waiting for 'permission' and, in spite of the OneSelect administrators doing their damndest to frustrate the process, received the promised incentive payment even though the actual transfer date was outside their qualifying period.

The last thing in the world that you'd want is to spend a day longer on the BG standard tariff than you need to ! Sometimes these forced transfers will honour your old tariff until you accept their new terms but that doesn't seem to have happened latel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This was triggered because Tonik were not meeting their renewable targets and so were hit by a rather sizeable fine.
Tonik were not fined, they had an invoice to pay and after repeated warnings refused to do so. They chose not to purchase sufficient ROCs in the market knowingly exposing themselves to the alternative. They also failed to make Feed-In-Tariff payments too. Ultimately customers of all other suppliers will pickup the tab for this.

They are in a long line of failed small suppliers with a business model that should never have allowed them to be in possession of a supply licence at all. Another supplier also active in 'green-washing' their product as 100% renewable.

Six other suppliers were also in default on 2nd October when OFGEM issued the notice. This happens every year however OFGEM claim they have now tightened up the rules for new suppliers as the number of failures has been quite simply embarrassing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone know which other suppliers are in default?
Ofgem is consulting on issuing seven suppliers with final orders over £34 million in outstanding Renewable Obligation (RO) and feed-in tariff (FiT) levelisation fees.

The suppliers - Co-Operative Energy, Robin Hood Energy, Flow Energy, MA Energy, Nabuh Energy, Symbio Energy and Tonik Energy - missed the 31 August and 1 September RO deadlines, with Ofgem stating they also haven’t provided “adequate assurances” they will make the payments by the late payment deadline of 31 October."
Source:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts