Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a quick look at this electricity supplier, on the basis that they offer an EV tarriff.

Good news is that they will help with a contribution towards cost of installing a charger. Bad news is that their EV tarriff is more expensive than their regular tarriff.

Also, if signing up to get a Smart Meter, that will probably not happen until 2021.

Regards

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
It's a bit short on detail. It would cost me £856 per year. There is no information about how the 2500 free miles is calculated. Being conservative and taking 4miles/kWh as as assumption, the 'saving' would be about £100. Even with this 'saving', I would still end up paying £200 more per year for my electricity when compared to the cheapest supplier at the moment. I bet that they don't get many takers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think they're a good option, but I'm personally a fan of EDF's new EV tariff. It might not have the cheapest off-peak rate, but the bonus is it's off-peak (8p/kWh) for 98 hours a week, including all weekend. For our household, that works better as it benefits not just the car but other things in the home. Plus, it's just simple to understand - 8pence for off-peak and 16pence when it isn't.

It's got to work for you though and your circumstance. I just think it's easy to choose a tariff solely based on lowering your EV charging costs when there's much more to consider than that. Anyone else have personal recommendations?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts