Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone has noticed this before. When the Climate is set to 'Auto' the brain also switches on the heated rear window without the indicator on the HRW switch illuminating! I noticed it for the first time in over two years of owning the car (it may be in the manual but it is a long time since I needed to refer to the heating/ventilation section), I had been travelling in 'canny' mode, run out of power so had to use dino juice. However with that came the luxury of heating so after a few miles and the engine up to temperature I turned up the boiler and set the climate to 'Auto'. A few miles later I could see that the HRW had been on as the rear window was starting to clear. So mental note made that if I want to eke out electric only use do not use the 'Auto' on the climate, let me decide where the power is being used.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I don't know if anyone has noticed this before. When the Climate is set to 'Auto' the brain also switches on the heated rear window without the indicator on the HRW switch illuminating! I noticed it for the first time in over two years of owning the car (it may be in the manual but it is a long time since I needed to refer to the heating/ventilation section), I had been travelling in 'canny' mode, run out of power so had to use dino juice. However with that came the luxury of heating so after a few miles and the engine up to temperature I turned up the boiler and set the climate to 'Auto'. A few miles later I could see that the HRW had been on as the rear window was starting to clear. So mental note made that if I want to eke out electric only use do not use the 'Auto' on the climate, let me decide where the power is being used.
It is far too clever for its own good indeed !
Haven't ever used auto, so can't comment, also I generally don't bother using the HRW anyway. I just leave it misted up, saves the frustration of it misting up again once it's clear ;)

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is like the air-con, it measures the humidity and comes on if required, maybe try leaving it switched off and see what happens. I did think it strange and it is rare that I use mine for it to be the 'image' of it left on the screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts