Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally did it !

After much deliberation I've ordered a Long Range M3. Black with the silver alloys.

I have a reservation number so will await the order date which is currently confirmed as December. Tesla came back with a much improved part ex figure for my A6 so it was a no brainer.

Hopefully I've done the right thing. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ordered mine on a Thursday Morning, the web site said availability November. That same evening I got a phone call to say "10am Monday morning to collect your car" Shock was an understatement, lots of rushing around getting everything sorted, but what a car. No regrets at all. Enjoy when it arrives, may be sooner than you think

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered mine on a Thursday Morning, the web site said availability November. That same evening I got a phone call to say "10am Monday morning to collect your car" Shock was an understatement, lots of rushing around getting everything sorted, but what a car. No regrets at all. Enjoy when it arrives, may be sooner than you think
You're kidding? - It came that quick ? What did you order?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did you get them to improve their trade-in offer?
They originally offered £15k but then it expired. I put in for another valuation and they cam e back with only £11.6k some 4 weeks later. I emailed Tesla in Cribbs Causeway Bristol who I'd taken the test drive with and they said that they would have a word with the valuation team in Amsterdam. Whether they did I don't actually know but I put in for another valuation yesterday (the previous £11.6k one had expired) and they came back with £15k again, a result!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes this is that one thanks. Better range, powered trunk, new interior etc. Cheers.
Yep, I made sure I had an email from them confirming my Standard Range Plus would be the refreshed model! The guy I spoke to said the first of the inventory ones would arrive in the UK on 16 November. What colour did you go for?

BTW I just learned that they don't come with floor mats so I ordered these ones from eBay which also includes a mat for the frunk Tailored Black Car Floor Mats Carpets FOR Tesla Model 3 | eBay - only 16 quid but the brand gets good reviews

EDIT - it's just the standard range plus that doesn't have mats

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, I made sure I had an email from them confirming it would be the refreshed model! The guy I spoke to said the first of the inventory ones would arrive in the UK on 16 November. What colour did you go for?

BTW I just learned that they don't come with floor mats so I ordered these ones from eBay which also includes a mat for the frunk Tailored Black Car Floor Mats Carpets FOR Tesla Model 3 | eBay - only 16 quid but the brand gets good reviews
I went for Black. The Tesla website confirmed that tit comes with interior floor mats (Long Range only, not SR+). I'll need to order the trunk & frunk rubbers mats however. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,486 Posts
Congratulations. We are really happy with our LR. We have had some battery loss after 15 months, but it has been very reliable.

The LR still comes with interior mats but no frunk mat. Maybe you are confusing with people talking about SR+? It also comes with Type 2 charging cable, so make sure included on delivery.

Reactions: dparr59 and Conks01

·
Registered
102 Posts
I went for Black. The Tesla website confirmed that tit comes with interior floor mats (Long Range only, not SR+). I'll need to order the trunk & frunk rubbers mats however. Thanks.
Bear in mind the refreshed models have a smaller frunk due to the heat pump. Not sure if the new frunk mats will be available yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bear in mind the refreshed models have a smaller frunk due to the heat pump. Not sure if the new frunk mats will be available yet.
Good point - Thankfully haven't ordered as yet as I'm awaiting the formal date for delivery first. Then I'll panic....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Good point - Thankfully haven't ordered as yet as I'm awaiting the formal date for delivery first. Then I'll panic....
Haha.

Congrats on the car purchase. I'm actually quite jealous that you get the new refreshed model. I would love to have the power boot and heat pump.

·
Registered
102 Posts
From what I've read I think the poverty-spec standard range plus now comes with wireless phone charging as standard. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just ordered a LR with 19" alloys, Blue, towbar (for bikes more than anything). Says Dec but sales chap said the Nov deliveries may have others which are inventory only. Hope so!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just ordered a LR with 19" alloys, Blue, towbar (for bikes more than anything). Says Dec but sales chap said the Nov deliveries may have others which are inventory only. Hope so!
Yes there are a lot SR+ on the current inventory but were zero LR's !

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The Tesla store now has a drop down option for Smooth or Beaded frunk basin with photos of each.

Reactions: dwl99
1 - 20 of 23 Posts